Download Station Broken / Tane Quick Drive Broken

airtime

the age of the train
Hello to all and happy 2018,

I have found over the last couple of months, more and more content on the download station is becoming broken with errors, or not available for download for the Trainz version it was made for.

In Trainz 2010 or TS2012, I tried to download Gresley locomotives made by edh6, but I cannot, as they have been updated for Tane with a 2016 date attached, so cannot be downloaded for Trainz 2010 or TS2012.

So I then open up Tane and download them there, they show up with red bits attached, where missing dependencies are, if you use any faulty content including the Gresleys in Tane, a red bug shows and then it breaks quick drive, so the Gresleys cannot be used in Tane either.

So this excellent content along with many others work is now unusable or lost.

So what do I suggest, I would like to see two versions of the same content on the download station, one version would have a 2010 date time stamp and the Tane version would have a current year time stamp, either that, or get rid of the dates all together, so all content could be downloaded in all versions.

Why do I ask for this, I have a First Class Ticket that is virtually useless, I cannot download content for 2010 because it does not allow anything to be downloaded with a 2011 onwards timestamp, TS2012 is the same, and Tane has the content available with missing dependencies and breaks Quick Drive.

Please fix, because many will not be happy buying a First Class Ticket that downloads broken or faulty content, or content that breaks Tane.

Many Thanks in advance

Joe Airtime

This argument has been through these forums before and the answer always is that updating a DLS asset to a newer version of Trainz does not remove the previous older versions. They will still be there. Assets are only ever removed if they have violated copyright.

My search (by both CM and the DLS Web pages) revealed that Gresley locomotives have been made for TS2009 by andi06 and paulhobbs. It did not reveal any TS2010 specific Gresleys. All the edh6 Gresleys are for TS12.

The latest build Gresley locos have build number 3.5, which is TS12.

I cannot download content for 2010 because it does not allow anything to be downloaded with a 2011 onwards timestamp, TS2012 is the same, and Tane has the content available with missing dependencies and breaks Quick Drive.

Well of course TRS2010 will not download anything created for a later build version (its the build number, not a timestamp). The same with TS12, you cannot download anything for TANE (build 3.9 or later). The later build versions have features that are not supported by the earlier builds - for example attempting to install a procedural track asset designed for TANE into TS12 will not work. So I really do not understand why this is a problem for you. However, you can do the opposite - download assets designed for earlier versions.

I just successfully tested this with the oldest, lowest build Gresley asset (an engine spec) I could find - <kuid:44090:51024> A3 Gresley (which is actually an engine spec, not the loco as its title suggests) build 1.3 by paulhobbs. I used TANE CM and I had to use the "Download This Version" option because CM will always default to finding and downloading the latest version (<kuid2:44090:51024:30> A3 Gresley Engine Spec TC3 build 2.8).

You always have the backup of the DLS Web page FTP Download option to get the .cdp file and then install it that way.

Last edited:
So I then open up Tane and download them there, they show up with red bits attached, where missing dependencies are, if you use any faulty content including the Gresleys in Tane, a red bug shows and then it breaks quick drive, so the Gresleys cannot be used in Tane either.

Not correct. I just picked a Gresley from the DLS at random (<kuid2:403746:2053:4> BR Gresley A3 LHD Green) and downloaded it using TANE CM. CM detected that this version had been updated to <kuid2:403746:2053:6> so it downloaded and installed that version instead plus a number of dependencies. None are showing errors or warnings.

It would help if you told us what the warning/error messages are.

Last edited:
Many Thanks Pware for your reply to my rant. I just needed to blow off some steam.

I am not going to bother fixing errors in ts2010 or ts2012, as Tane is the latest version, I will be much better to fix the errors in TANE,

When placing any consist onto the line through quick dive, a get a red bug error, which in turn breaks quick drive feature.

Unknown : File consisthelperinfo.gs, Line 1134, ER_Timeout

function $void@ConsistHelperInfo::SetProperties(Soup), line -1
function $bool@QuickDrive::AreConsistAssetsAvailable(Soup), line 622
function $void@QuickDriveBrowser::RefreshNewTrainPageHTML(), line 779
function $void@QuickDriveBrowser::RefreshBrowserHTML(Browser), line 319
function $void@QuickDriveBrowser::RefreshDisplayHTML(), line 298
function $void@QuickDrive::GUIRequestMsgHdl(Message), line 806

Hopefully you can help me resolve the problem.

Many Thanks in advance

Joe Airtime

TANE BUILD NUMBER 78660 / Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i5 - 2500k @ 330 GHz / 16 gig ram / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Last edited:
Unfortunately that's one of the harder ones to fix as it's timeout related.

How many consists are you running in the session?

Shane

Hi Shane, hope you are well, and thank you for replying to my thread.

I have just gone through the route, I have seven consists in sidings, no engine attached, eight stand alone steam locomotives, and three consists with steam locomotives attached as fully working trains.

I have also noticed that if I try and place a 40 wagon train onto a line that can hold up to 100 wagons in quick drive, i get the message "could not create new consist there, please try somewhere else" I never had this problem in other versions of Trainz. It is forcing me to place the consists onto the main running lines, which in turn causes its own problems with other trains and signalling.

Hope the above helps

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
I'm doing OK - thankyou for asking.

I'm not sure about the could not create consist error as I haven't heard of that one previously.

The reason you probably didn't get it in previous versions is because N3V tightened the restrictions on how much resources (running time etc) that a script can use before it times out in T:ANE. Quite a lot of people (both creators and end users) have been caught out gauging by the various forum posts on it since T:ANE was released.

Sometimes it can be the amount of individual wagons/coaches that can do it as well due to the aforementioned restrictions - I sometimes get timeout errors due to that.

Shane

TANE BUILD NUMBER 78660 / Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i5 - 2500k @ 330 GHz / 16 gig ram / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Build 78660 is a very early (pre SP1) version of TANE. The latest versions are 90945 and above (SP2 HF1) with work on HF2 now underway. Unless there are some very pressing reasons for keeping to that build, it might very well be worth your while to update.

Build 78660 is a very early (pre SP1) version of TANE. The latest versions are 90945 and above (SP2 HF1) with work on HF2 now underway. Unless there are some very pressing reasons for keeping to that build, it might very well be worth your while to update.

Many thanks to all for your help,

Pware was correct, I had an old build that broke everything on the download station, what ever I downloaded, there was errors everywhere with missing dependencies, it was a nightmare, I am now updated to BUILD NUMBER 90945, and luckily enough, everything is working great with minimal errors on the download station, the build also seems faster when open.

Once again, many thanks to all the above who helped me, and sorry about my rant in the first post.

Joe Airtime

P.S Good to see my very good friend Shane is still here on the forum.

Back