Drivers, Locos, Commands not working

theblackhat

I am having a problem with the AI drivers since updating to 90955.

I enter the edit drivers ok, then assign a loco, and the loco name shows in black print.
But after saving and loading up next time the loco names show as red print and the drivers are not assigned to them.

Also the most annoying part is I cannot give any driver commands. Nothing shows up. No list of rules or commands are showing.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Can anyone suggest a fix for it?

Not having any problems in surveyor just in the driver editing window.

DeRiCo

I am having a problem with the AI drivers since updating to 90955.

I enter the edit drivers ok, then assign a loco, and the loco name shows in black print.
But after saving and loading up next time the loco names show as red print and the drivers are not assigned to them.

Also the most annoying part is I cannot give any driver commands. Nothing shows up. No list of rules or commands are showing.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Can anyone suggest a fix for it?

Not having any problems in surveyor just in the driver editing window.

DeRiCo

Hi,

If your locos or any assets appear in red, then it's probably 'Open for Editing' or it may mean that you haven't saved your session completely.

Close TANE then reopen. Check Content Manager with a filter 'Open for Editing' to see what is listed. If there are any routes ore sessions open, commit them.

If there are any assets open, then revert them.

If its clear, I suggest doing a Database rebuild which should rectify anything not 100%.

Cheers,
Roy

Nothing open for edit.
A lot of my routes and sessions are missing dependencies though.
Will try downloading them and see what happens.

DeRiCo

I have been experiencing this as well. Generally shows when making a change to a driver. I save and then some other engine (for another driver) will go red. I can fix by re-selecting that engine and saving. Intermittent bug, you may want to report. Also, I thought my driver/engine/train commands had became corrupt, so I tried to delete the "Driver Setup". You can delete it, but I cannot add a new "Driver Setup". It never finishes finding new trains. I am at 90955.

Hi Roy, I tried some downloads but all it does is add more to the list of missing and faulty.

You had the red drivers wrong, it is only in the edit drivers window where it happens.

Still not getting any driver command listing.

DeRiCo aka theblackhat

After re-reading what you initially mentioned,

{
QUOTE: I enter the edit drivers ok, then assign a loco, and the loco name shows in black print.
But after saving and loading up next time the loco names show as red print and the drivers are not assigned to them.}

... it appears that you may have completed the above steps in the 'Route' and not the 'Session'. In which case what you've entered becomes lost.

If you use the 'Edit Route' to place all your trackwork, stations, buildings, scenery, signals, portals and textures. Then save it.

Then start a new Session and go through the process of Editing in the Session only for your drivers, locos, driver commands, etc, and then save your session with a specific name.

When you want to drive, go to Drive Session and all your drivers, locos and commands should be there for you.

Cheers,

Roy

You can delete it, but I cannot add a new "Driver Setup". It never finishes finding new trains. I am at 90955.
When in the finding new trains, scroll to the the bottom of the screen and uncheck "generate new drivers for empty trains". This will allow you back into the driver assignment window.

In the past, "generate new drivers for empty trains" checked worked. However, I now have a "ghost engine". Find Object can locate it. I cannot delete it.

I'm guessing the TANE Edit Driver routine just keeps looking for it when "generate new drivers for empty trains" is checked. - Forever -

ETA - Mods, shouldn't this thread be in the TANE forum?

Have possibly found a solution to my problem.

I have 2 installations of TANE V90955, on my tower and laptop.
Both were doing the same thing with after a save drivers would lose their link to locos.

I tried re-installs on both computers and the problem is still there.
Further testing has brought to light that using 'Save As' is that it writes a new file each time.
Using 'Save' writes over the file in use.

Of course the 'Save' option was preferable as it stopped the excessive amount of files that needed deleting later.
But it seems to be what is causing the driver/loco problem.

I have since been using the 'Save As' option and placing an increasing number on the end of the filename.
That way the older files can be deleted with out incident.
The upside is by doing this the driver/loco problem is no more.

Hope you can understand my description.

DeRiCo AKA theblackhat

Back