Test shots of TS2018 with PBR

Here's some snow and you can see ground textures apply the same way they always have.

a24478dfddc08cc99134daef2775b6cc.jpg

This is kinda a dumb question but how can I download this? I kinda want to try it out for my self. Is this a mod of some kind? An early beta? A donation exclusive? Let me know.

What i have for a video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT. And it can hardly run T:ANE on resolution on 800 by 600 with T:ANE on low settings... and for the processor I have a Intel Pentium Dual core CPU E5200 2.5GHz. I also have 8GB of ram,3.25 usable due to running on 32 bit. This will not run TRS2018 (Or what ever it is going to be called.) at all.

What i have for a video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT. And it can hardly run T:ANE on resolution on 800 by 600 with T:ANE on low settings... and for the processor I have a Intel Pentium Dual core CPU E5200 2.5GHz. I also have 8GB of ram,3.25 usable due to running on 32 bit. This will not run TRS2018 (Or what ever it is going to be called.) at all.

The TDP on your video card is 71 watts but is only directx 10. If it was directx 11 it would run middleton for laptops without any problems giving around 22-30 fps. You CPU does support 64 bit but you will need a 64 bit operating system. If you're running win 7 or later you should still be able to upgrade to win 10 for free and I seem to recall win 10 64 bit is free from 32 bit. TANE runs the CPU less than TS12 by the way so its not so important.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

You should be able to just drop in a GTX 1050 TI since it draws a tdp of 75 watts, not the fastest card but TANE is runnable with it. Faster video cards would mean looking at your power supply etc.

Cheerio John

kain --

Ditto. This looks stunning. I have exactly the same question. How to I get this version to play with?

The TDP on your video card is 71 watts but is only directx 10. If it was directx 11 it would run middleton for laptops without any problems giving around 22-30 fps. You CPU does support 64 bit but you will need a 64 bit operating system. If you're running win 7 or later you should still be able to upgrade to win 10 for free and I seem to recall win 10 64 bit is free from 32 bit. TANE runs the CPU less than TS12 by the way so its not so important.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

You should be able to just drop in a GTX 1050 TI since it draws a tdp of 75 watts, not the fastest card but TANE is runnable with it. Faster video cards would mean looking at your power supply etc.

Cheerio John

I could put in a new video card and Windows 7 64-bit,that should work.

Just curious if anyone knows if the newest SpeedTree version will be used in the next incarnation of trainz?

Hopefully not, we had enough problems with v5 trees not being compatible with v6 speedtree engine, having useless trees again would be the straw the broke the camels back!

Note IDV do not include backwards compatibility, new engine = new trees or recompile the old meshes, which obviously only the creator can do and would require purchasing yet another extortionately priced SpeedTree compiler.

Back