Tasmanian content creation

Update on Tasmanian content

Hi again,
aussepom was creating a Tasmanian Trainz route but I'm not sure if he's now left the Trainz community or not. Does anyone have any contact details for aussepom at all? Also whilst on this topic........again is there any new projects/progress on Tasmanian content especially TasRail as there isn't a heap of their content out there unfortunately but there's plenty of TGR content. I would love to use a TR class locomotive if anyone was creating one of them.

This thread has been merged in with another one explaining the similar questions.

Thanks Bradley.

Last edited:
Hi again,
aussepom was creating a Tasmanian Trainz route but I'm not sure if he's now left the Trainz community or not. Does anyone have any contact details for aussepom at all? Also whilst on this topic........again is there any new projects/progress on Tasmanian content especially TasRail as there isn't a heap of their content out there unfortunately but there's plenty of TGR content. I would love to use a TR class locomotive if anyone was creating one of them.

This thread has been merged in with another one explaining the similar questions.

Thanks Bradley.

Hey Brad.

If it counts for anything, I'm slowly creating the Don River Railway, using the one created by Walrus_2.0v (I believe got the name right) thats available on the DLS. That route was done back in the TRS2004 days, and it shows. He did a great job for the time though. However, I am looking at making something up to spec, that looks the part in TS12, TANE etc. I may end up scrapping what I have at the moment, It uses a heavily modified Walrus DRR route, but there are a few inaccuracies that I wont be able to get around unless I restart the process.

One of the biggest parts will be recreating the DRR Sheds. In the Walrus version, that area is open, and it doesnt look quiet right, as a majority of the DRR yard space is workshops.

All the best on your search. Feel free to PM me if you hear anything about a Y, or a CCS being made for Trainz. Those are the MAIN locos that Ill be missing to finish up the DRR fleet as close as possible.

Cheers,
Hammie Stein

Hey Brad.

If it counts for anything, I'm slowly creating the Don River Railway, using the one created by Walrus_2.0v (I believe got the name right) thats available on the DLS. That route was done back in the TRS2004 days, and it shows. He did a great job for the time though. However, I am looking at making something up to spec, that looks the part in TS12, TANE etc. I may end up scrapping what I have at the moment, It uses a heavily modified Walrus DRR route, but there are a few inaccuracies that I wont be able to get around unless I restart the process.

One of the biggest parts will be recreating the DRR Sheds. In the Walrus version, that area is open, and it doesnt look quiet right, as a majority of the DRR yard space is workshops.

All the best on your search. Feel free to PM me if you hear anything about a Y, or a CCS being made for Trainz. Those are the MAIN locos that Ill be missing to finish up the DRR fleet as close as possible.

Cheers,
Hammie Stein

I have a DEM map of the Don River Railway line if that helps?

Last edited:
I have a DEM map of the Don River Railway line if that helps?

Whats the resolution on it? At the moment, anything is better then what I currently have though, so that would be an awesome help! I still need to get transdem, but I'm looking to do that in coming weeks.

Well Brad, what can I say? Youve simply just hit a GOLDmine of DEM data here for me haha. Thanks so much for the link, Ill be sure to keep you up to date with progress!

Haha that's great. I'm not going to take all the credit as someone showed me this link but I'm glad it's helped.

Haha that's great. I'm not going to take all the credit as someone showed me this link but I'm glad it's helped.

Oh I see, well thanks anyway haha. Have you had much experience with Transdem? I have installed all required textures etc, but I still dont see any textures on the baseboard in game, only on the Mini-Map when zoomed out. Any ideas there? Maybe he just didnt export it with the relevant option enabled?

EDIT: It now works. Huh, apparently it started working since lastnight haha.

I live just up the road from Don River Railroad so if I can help just ask and will do what I can.

Sounds good to me! I live in Penguin so I might need to do some trips across myself, but the option of you living close is great.

Last edited:
I just laid out a piece of the Bass highway and Forth road, just to get my bearings a bit. I also laid the track spline along the length of the DRR line, but Im not willing to show that yet as the DEM requires alot of manipulation to get it to where it needs to be, I suspect that the resolution isnt too high for this Data, as there are many elevations near the Line that are not present in real life.

This image shows the few laid roads, and the End of what will eventually be the siding that houses MA4 at the front of the complex, with an MA loco for reference.

This image and all future images will be taken from TS12 unless otherwise stated.

20180524190747_1_zps6hhgxr5l.jpg

I just laid out a piece of the Bass highway and Forth road, just to get my bearings a bit. I also laid the track spline along the length of the DRR line, but Im not willing to show that yet as the DEM requires alot of manipulation to get it to where it needs to be, I suspect that the resolution isnt too high for this Data, as there are many elevations near the Line that are not present in real life.

This image shows the few laid roads, and the End of what will eventually be the siding that houses MA4 at the front of the complex, with an MA loco for reference.

This image and all future images will be taken from TS12 unless otherwise stated.

20180524190747_1_zps6hhgxr5l.jpg

Oh awesome and you have the matching locomotives as well, nice work!

Oh awesome and you have the matching locomotives as well, nice work!

For the DRR locomotives I have the following covered

X4 (private Reskin of the Red X on the DLS)

M3, M4, MA2, MA4 (Old payware items from the defunct PCRailways. These were extensively worked on to become error free in modern trainz. I have also made duplicates of both that act as static non operational locos for MA4, and M3, so that you don’t see smoke coming out of the non operational stock.)

V2 (WIP reskin of the Geoff mcdougal V from the DLS)

DP22 (DLS Item)

EBR 10 Class (A low quality model off the DLS. Not overly realistic to the real asset.

H7 (modified to be static) (DLS)

I’ve just finished work, so that list is from the top of my head, I may have missed some.

Last edited:
A bit of work after I knocked off tonight. I may restart my progress of the line itself, im not sure how to best tackle creating a suitable rail corridor with the dem data.

20180525013020_1_zpswnubkbjr.jpg

For the DRR locomotives I have the following covered

X4 (private Reskin of the Red X on the DLS)

M3, M4, MA2, MA4 (Old payware items from the defunct PCRailways. These were extensively worked on to become error free in modern trainz. I have also made duplicates of both that act as static non operational locos for MA4, and M3, so that you don’t see smoke coming out of the non operational stock.)

V2 (WIP reskin of the Geoff mcdougal V from the DLS)

DP22 (DLS Item)

EBR 10 Class (A low quality model off the DLS. Not overly realistic to the real asset.

H7 (modified to be static) (DLS)

I’ve just finished work, so that list is from the top of my head, I may have missed some.

Wow awesome! This is great!
I have drawings, dimensions and sounds of a Y class which would be handy if someone was interested in creating one for this project.

Last edited:
Wow awesome! This is great!
I have drawings, dimensions and sounds of a Y class which would be handy if someone was interested in creating one for this project.

Good stuff! I did have a go at creating a Y a while back, but I gave up as I had lost most of what I learned in modelling. I used to create cars for Racing Simulators a few years ago, But I left that behind and it seems that most of my know how went with it!

Good stuff! I did have a go at creating a Y a while back, but I gave up as I had lost most of what I learned in modelling. I used to create cars for Racing Simulators a few years ago, But I left that behind and it seems that most of my know how went with it!

The Y class are probably the most popular locomotive in Tasmania.

Logged into this forum for the first time in years and years and here is a thread about Tassie content, brilliant!!

I remember making my DRR layout using maps provided from the railway, albeit around 14 years ago now.. I wasn't even old enough to buy grog when I made that and I was so proud of it hahaha!!

I remember at around the same time,, somebody was trying to make a CCS from scratch but I can't remember if it ever got got finished or not.

One day I'll get back into Trainz, I can't believe it's been so long!

Logged into this forum for the first time in years and years and here is a thread about Tassie content, brilliant!!

I remember making my DRR layout using maps provided from the railway, albeit around 14 years ago now.. I wasn't even old enough to buy grog when I made that and I was so proud of it hahaha!!

I remember at around the same time,, somebody was trying to make a CCS from scratch but I can't remember if it ever got got finished or not.

One day I'll get back into Trainz, I can't believe it's been so long!

Hey Walrus!

I remember being a wee 10 year old when I first downloaded your DRR route. Some 8 years ago now, time flies!

Here's a little screen-cap of what I've done to your route for my personal use, featuring all the available DRR content. Thankyou very much for creating it!

Theres a C and CC in the DLS now, I remember the CCS being discussed somewhere on another forum, VicTrainz maybe?

Nice to see you back!

20180625185402_1_zpsmpwlt4o5.jpg

Back