Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tasmanian content creation

Hi Brad, I have not seen any and I do not know of any one doing it. I am recreating the TGR system, and including all the old lines. I am using the normal gauge and locos and as many steam one that I can find. There is not enough of narrow gauge stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aussepom View Post
    Hi Brad, I have not seen any and I do not know of any one doing it. I am recreating the TGR system, and including all the old lines. I am using the normal gauge and locos and as many steam one that I can find. There is not enough of narrow gauge stuff.
    G'day, ok cool can't wait to see that if you make it available. How's it going?

There is a TR in the works, but no eta when this would be likely finished.

Quote Originally Posted by trainfan2017 View Post
    There is a TR in the works, but no eta when this would be likely finished.
    OMG awesome! Are you creating it or someone else?

Hi Brad, I have two versions one is the one I started three years ago, there was a lot done most in TS2010 then moved it to TS2012, and some now in T:ANE but there is a lot of fixing up to do in tane and it does not help when tane keeps crashing in surveyor mode. That’s why I have gone back to TS2012, this is now up to build 61388. but there are a lot of DLS stuff that has missing dependencies, like tenders ok but not the locos.
    The two versions one I started has the distances scaled down, the other is the full size scale distance, this is done using the Fingal route, and then continuing it fist up to western junction, and south down to Parattah. I will then continue it more.
    I tried merging this with my own, but it’s not good as the scales are different.
    Not sure which I will use most likely the full scale.
    I have just at xmas travelled up the old Scottsdale line as much as I could by road, taking pics to help with the build.
    I will be going up the Fingal line shortly.

Default Update on Tasmanian content

Hi again,
    aussepom was creating a Tasmanian Trainz route but I'm not sure if he's now left the Trainz community or not. Does anyone have any contact details for aussepom at all? Also whilst on this topic........again is there any new projects/progress on Tasmanian content especially TasRail as there isn't a heap of their content out there unfortunately but there's plenty of TGR content. I would love to use a TR class locomotive if anyone was creating one of them.

This thread has been merged in with another one explaining the similar questions.

Thanks Bradley.
    Last edited by bradleybale2006; March 12th, 2018 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleybale2006 View Post
    Hi again,
    aussepom was creating a Tasmanian Trainz route but I'm not sure if he's now left the Trainz community or not. Does anyone have any contact details for aussepom at all? Also whilst on this topic........again is there any new projects/progress on Tasmanian content especially TasRail as there isn't a heap of their content out there unfortunately but there's plenty of TGR content. I would love to use a TR class locomotive if anyone was creating one of them.

This thread has been merged in with another one explaining the similar questions.

Thanks Bradley.
    Hey Brad.

If it counts for anything, I'm slowly creating the Don River Railway, using the one created by Walrus_2.0v (I believe got the name right) thats available on the DLS. That route was done back in the TRS2004 days, and it shows. He did a great job for the time though. However, I am looking at making something up to spec, that looks the part in TS12, TANE etc. I may end up scrapping what I have at the moment, It uses a heavily modified Walrus DRR route, but there are a few inaccuracies that I wont be able to get around unless I restart the process.

One of the biggest parts will be recreating the DRR Sheds. In the Walrus version, that area is open, and it doesnt look quiet right, as a majority of the DRR yard space is workshops.

All the best on your search. Feel free to PM me if you hear anything about a Y, or a CCS being made for Trainz. Those are the MAIN locos that Ill be missing to finish up the DRR fleet as close as possible.

Cheers,
    Hammie Stein

Quote Originally Posted by steins2 View Post
    Hey Brad.

If it counts for anything, I'm slowly creating the Don River Railway, using the one created by Walrus_2.0v (I believe got the name right) thats available on the DLS. That route was done back in the TRS2004 days, and it shows. He did a great job for the time though. However, I am looking at making something up to spec, that looks the part in TS12, TANE etc. I may end up scrapping what I have at the moment, It uses a heavily modified Walrus DRR route, but there are a few inaccuracies that I wont be able to get around unless I restart the process.

One of the biggest parts will be recreating the DRR Sheds. In the Walrus version, that area is open, and it doesnt look quiet right, as a majority of the DRR yard space is workshops.

All the best on your search. Feel free to PM me if you hear anything about a Y, or a CCS being made for Trainz. Those are the MAIN locos that Ill be missing to finish up the DRR fleet as close as possible.

Cheers,
    Hammie Stein
    I have a DEM map of the Don River Railway line if that helps?
    Last edited by bradleybale2006; May 21st, 2018 at 09:27 PM.

I have a DEM map of the Don River Railway line if that helps?
    Whats the resolution on it? At the moment, anything is better then what I currently have though, so that would be an awesome help! I still need to get transdem, but I'm looking to do that in coming weeks.

Whats the resolution on it? At the moment, anything is better then what I currently have though, so that would be an awesome help! I still need to get transdem, but I'm looking to do that in coming weeks.
    http://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/Jerkers_DEM_maps/

Well Brad, what can I say? Youve simply just hit a GOLDmine of DEM data here for me haha. Thanks so much for the link, Ill be sure to keep you up to date with progress!

Well Brad, what can I say? Youve simply just hit a GOLDmine of DEM data here for me haha. Thanks so much for the link, Ill be sure to keep you up to date with progress!
    Haha that's great. I'm not going to take all the credit as someone showed me this link but I'm glad it's helped.

I live just up the road from Don River Railroad so if I can help just ask and will do what I can.

Haha that's great. I'm not going to take all the credit as someone showed me this link but I'm glad it's helped.
    Oh I see, well thanks anyway haha. Have you had much experience with Transdem? I have installed all required textures etc, but I still dont see any textures on the baseboard in game, only on the Mini-Map when zoomed out. Any ideas there? Maybe he just didnt export it with the relevant option enabled?

EDIT: It now works. Huh, apparently it started working since lastnight haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesH1955 View Post
    I live just up the road from Don River Railroad so if I can help just ask and will do what I can.
    Sounds good to me! I live in Penguin so I might need to do some trips across myself, but the option of you living close is great.
    Last edited by steins2; May 24th, 2018 at 02:30 AM.

I just laid out a piece of the Bass highway and Forth road, just to get my bearings a bit. I also laid the track spline along the length of the DRR line, but Im not willing to show that yet as the DEM requires alot of manipulation to get it to where it needs to be, I suspect that the resolution isnt too high for this Data, as there are many elevations near the Line that are not present in real life.

This image shows the few laid roads, and the End of what will eventually be the siding that houses MA4 at the front of the complex, with an MA loco for reference.

This image and all future images will be taken from TS12 unless otherwise stated.