Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tasmanian content creation

Quote Originally Posted by bradleybale2006 View Post
    Thanks Roy, yeah I guess that makes sense and that's way it's going to be

Bradley, Just a little further advice.

Set yourself a plan of action to get your route under way.

Whatever you do,...DON'T lay out the whole route with baseboards and track.

Start by laying four DEM maps (4 baseboards) as a starting point, then detail it completely. You'll then get an idea of how long it will take to complete the whole route.

Then expand it by another 4 baseboards with DEM maps,.. and so on. Work within your limitations. Ask lots of questions, but do the work yourself.

Nothing will happen, if you don't make a start.

Good luck.

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Bradley, Just a little further advice.

Set yourself a plan of action to get your route under way.

Whatever you do,...DON'T lay out the whole route with baseboards and track.

Start by laying four DEM maps (4 baseboards) as a starting point, then detail it completely. You'll then get an idea of how long it will take to complete the whole route.

Then expand it by another 4 baseboards with DEM maps,.. and so on. Work within your limitations. Ask lots of questions, but do the work yourself.

Nothing will happen, if you don't make a start.

Good luck.

Roy
    Thanks Roy for your help, I'll have a think about it but I won't have a heap of time to do it so I'll see.

It's just annoying as really the only ever Tasmanian content created for Trainz was when pware made his Fingal route a lot of content was made for it and when Vern made his WCWR route content has been made for it. Both are really good! I just also wish there was a mainline route where I can run practically every train at any hour.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleybale2006 View Post
    Thanks Roy for your help, I'll have a think about it but I won't have a heap of time to do it so I'll see.

It's just annoying as really the only ever Tasmanian content created for Trainz was when pware made his Fingal route a lot of content was made for it and when Vern made his WCWR route content has been made for it. Both are really good! I just also wish there was a mainline route where I can run practically every train at any hour.

Mate, I'm 80 years of age and so, I have less time in my life than you.

There is no excuse for you not starting your mainline, even having minimal time on your hands. The time you spend on the Forum could be spent on a route.

You've seen pware and vern's routes, so pick up some ideas from these to begin your own.

If you are short on ideas, then watch some tutorial videos,.... http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...utorial_Videos - From these, I learnt how to do things.

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Mate, I'm 80 years of age and so, I have less time in my life than you.

There is no excuse for you not starting your mainline, even having minimal time on your hands. The time you spend on the Forum could be spent on a route.

You've seen pware and vern's routes, so pick up some ideas from these to begin your own.

If you are short on ideas, then watch some tutorial videos,.... http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...utorial_Videos - From these, I learnt how to do things.

Roy
    I've created routes before but with hardly any scenery. So I have a little bit of experience with surveyor. I wish Tasmania was more popular with Trainz though unfortunately, not many Tasmanian Trainz users by the sounds. I really like and appreciate when non Tasmanian people create Tasmanian content.

You’re disrespectful that’s why nobody cares about your posts and doesn’t help you

2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

Quote Originally Posted by MF01 View Post
    You’re disrespectful that’s why nobody cares about your posts and doesn’t help you
    No more disrespectful then most other folk around here these day's including you. Bradley has his own little thread here and doesn't start a ton of other threads all over the place asking for content or bothering people so back off and give him his space.
    Mick.

Blog Entries

... nobody cares about your posts and doesn’t help you
    Actually, I do. I was asked politely and am making an asset for Bradley.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by matruck View Post
    No more disrespectful then most other folk around here these day's including you. Bradley has his own little thread here and doesn't start a ton of other threads all over the place asking for content or bothering people so back off and give him his space.
    Mick.
    Haha you’re a funny guy, he created multiples threads about begging for a train or a route and he’s been spamming by PM other members for it so I’m still disrespectful lol ? Do some research and btw I have the right to speak yeah ? So if you’re not happy that I give my opinion buzz off

Haha you’re a funny guy, he created multiples threads about begging for a train or a route and he’s been spamming by PM other members for it so I’m still disrespectful lol ? Do some research and btw I have the right to speak yeah ? So if you’re not happy that I give my opinion buzz off
    Please be nice to other users, if you don’t have something nice to say please don’t say it at all!

Where is the “bad things” I said common...

Woah that escalated quickly! I do find MF01 can be a bit mean towards me however I do understand I would be a bit "frustrating" in these forums at times.

I really appreciate when people make content for me as they're taking up THEIR time which I find to be really kind, generous and thoughtful.

Default TASMANIAN CONTENT

Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    Funny this thread popped up, I was looking online for line drawings of Tasmanian rolling stock a couple of hours ago. If anyone knows where to find any I'd be grateful.

I've finally got the hang of content creation, and although my priority is WA narrow gauge, TAS/NT/SA 3ft 6in is also of interest in the long term. I'd love to create an ANR AL class, but I keep reminding myself that Aussie narrow gauge needs more attention in Trainz!
    Looking through the forum pages a couple of days back I came upon the above request; I have 6 photostat copies of TGR locomotive line drawings that I acquired from the mechanical engineers department of TGR back in 1970. Considering the technology of 'photo copiers' in 1970 the copies I have are not of the clarity we expect today and are only of the side elevation but are drawings of the following loco classes,-'M' - 'H' - 'Q' - and 'R' which were in service from 1922 to 1952. If you are still interested in the Tasmanian railway scene of that period and would like these drawings you can contact me at rx1berry@hotmail.com and we can go from there!

RB

Hi all! Currently moving on nicely with a small project. I'm working on the town of Penguin, and plan for this route to run some 5 km West, to Sulpher Creek. Penguin township is well underway with work continuing on making the scenery up to the eastern set of points, where a track gang will conveniently be located so that you cant get any further . Once this is complete, work will continue laying out the route and basic Scenery west to Sulpher Creek. Final steps will include detailing the scenery further, and adding bits and pieces in the distance so that you aren't seeing the world instantly drop off. It should be fairly straight forward with Penguin and the surrounding area backed by hills, but it will be a lot of terrain work!

I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a piece of rolling stock that could go along nicely with this route. Either way I am not too fussed, as I dont expect anyone to drop anything for me at all. If anyone would be interested, it would be an ACS passenger coach, that ran on the Tasman Limited. I am sourcing some Diagrams as I type this, if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by steins2 View Post
    Hi all! Currently moving on nicely with a small project. I'm working on the town of Penguin, and plan for this route to run some 5 km West, to Sulpher Creek. Penguin township is well underway with work continuing on making the scenery up to the eastern set of points, where a track gang will conveniently be located so that you cant get any further . Once this is complete, work will continue laying out the route and basic Scenery west to Sulpher Creek. Final steps will include detailing the scenery further, and adding bits and pieces in the distance so that you aren't seeing the world instantly drop off. It should be fairly straight forward with Penguin and the surrounding area backed by hills, but it will be a lot of terrain work!

I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a piece of rolling stock that could go along nicely with this route. Either way I am not too fussed, as I dont expect anyone to drop anything for me at all. If anyone would be interested, it would be an ACS passenger coach, that ran on the Tasman Limited. I am sourcing some Diagrams as I type this, if anyone is interested.
    Nice work mate! I love Tasmanian routes!
    I have some incredibly detailed drawings of an SS/SSD carriage with an interior view with all the seats locations. If anyone content creator was interested the drawings shouldn't disappoint.

http://www.railtasmania.com/photogal...age.php?id=964

The carriage is the one behind the locomotive which was also apart of the Tasman Limited.

After a delay due to growing older, I have finally returned to fulfil a promise I made to Bradley. I have started to finish off the rolling stock and locos which I confess I started last year.

The attached screenshots show work so far posed on Vern's WCWR route which looks splendid in TRS2019.

Screenshot (53).jpgScreenshot (5).jpgScreenshot (4).jpg

I am working on the basis of creating content that is visually correct without super-detailing. Good working drawings are like hens teeth, almost impossible to find. If anyone had a drawing of any item not shown in the screenshots. I am currently working on the Dewry diesels.

Brad, I need your email address.

Peter
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory