PIONEER "X"

Now you need a 42 mile long RGCX train rolling through that urban inner city, train watching from a cab view, on invisatrack ... Looks super detailed and realistic :cool:

If you lay a complex pattern of BNSF50 invisatrack over top of your roads, you can drive a driveable car, or a person, that as a cab view about your town, and get a way down low realistic view

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will definitely try that after I add some more details .

Wow! I haven't checked progress in a LONG time! Wonderful work! Can't wait to see what you're gonna do next with it!

At the end of the west side of the street in Pioneer we have the Blue café also known as "Ella's" since most people don't call it by " Fiorella's". Added the neon Pepsi sign before the café and tables, umbrella tables, coke machine and people including some animated ones standing in front. Also although you can't see them, a group of 5 pigeons fly around doing circles. A really nice animated item....

The neon Pepsi sign changes into 3 different shades

Finding more sign to fill the shops with will be my main focus now that the town is complete

Last edited:
A few more shots of Ella's Café:

Different angles.........

Added people and some beer

Above: A small garage workshop fit nicely behind the town buildings

Below: And a view from the abandoned depot...still a work in progress

Last edited:
Also found some signs to add a little character to the town..........including one hanging above a new door for the Jolly Farmer Pub:

Last edited:
When I begin to detail a project 50% of the time it comes out without any changes needed such as the building layout of Pioneer town, liked it the first time and did not need to change any of them. Below is one of the last areas I did for the town, small lot that was intended to be for some construction. So that idea did not change but what did was what went into it. Below is the original theme I had initially used:

As you can see above a simple theme, some construction men in a fenced in area with a generator flood light. Then I got a little more creative and came up with the below scene:

I decide to have a cement mixer and crew laying a foundation with a gate to enter the lot.

I also added dirt and made it look like a ramp going down into the lot.

I think it came out pretty good overall compared to the first theme. (The cement truck is animated as well with the back spinning mixing the concrete)

Last edited:
Well I thought I was done detailing the town but I came across this small detail by JointedRail. Cellars are popular back east especially for deliveries of goods to bars and stores and also for coal:

This detail although small adds a lot of realism.

Last edited:
PHASE 2: Has arrived. Working on the major industry and small loco facility......

As you can see looking west some new industries have appeared. I modified (no pun intended) the track plan to have focus on the major industry for the layout. The Cargill Grain Corp plant. Takes covered hoppers in and boxcars out

The plant has a lot of freight traffic from rail and road

Above: The employee parking lot and boxcar loading and covered hopper unloading facilities

Last edited:
Also by the loco facility is a feedmill that is still being worked on

adasASAd

Above: Some details, car with a jack being worked on and below a Schneider truck with adjustable front wheels

Last edited:
Beginning the next phase...will relocate Paradise Diner and replacing it with a feed supplier (kitbashed 2 of them to form 1) and some grain storage silos with track access:

Placing silos to see how they will fit and showing different angles:

Removed the cement plant and construction scene

Added one more feed supply business, should have 2-3 on the layout, 1 processing plant (Cargill), and 4-6 grain silo structures varying in size

Phase 3: Work in progress. I have added some more details to the feed supply / grain storage industry:

More weeds and created an area under construction with semi dump trucks and earth movers

Also changed the positioning of the feed supply buildings

Yard Work

The area next to the feed supply is a small yard that serves not only the supply /silos but the Cargill Grain Corp processing plant:

I wanted some of it to look old and worn so I lowered the rails closet to the edge and added overgrown weeds:

As it moves to the west and the processing plant, the rails become better condition from maintenance from Cargill

Updated the plant with fencing and signs as well as adding pallets to the open shed. The fence by the covered hopper unloading shed is different then the perimeter fence.

The employee parking area was detailed with reserve parking and handicapped parking stencils as well as a handicapped sign plus a fence was added and a wooden crossing

Below a look to the east and the run down yard:

Last edited:
I replaced Hatcher's feed with a farm. Used some of the same details and added others such as the combines, John Deere sign, apple orchard...

More tractors added as well and I still need to add some overhead doors for loading/unloading by the rails and possibly adding a loading dock...

A view towards the second town

Last edited:
Also wanted another town in case I decide to add a passenger depot...............this one turned out quite well for a small space:

Added wooden crossings and detailed the area with walls, hedges, benches, light posts

A view looking back towards the farm:

On the opposite side of the second town I added a bar and a few buildings:

Details such as a neon sign, dumpster and weeds were added

Below: I decided to keep the small warehouse across from the bar since it would be good for operations.....Grain Corp finished products sent via boxcar to it and the farm could supply it with fruit and the warehouse could supply the feed mills, farm equipment etc....

Back