PIONEER "X"

Time for some last minute details:

Above: Added tires, air hose, compressor, Coke machine and a sign to the garage wall

Above: Added similar details, tires, air hose etc...

Above: Found a Cargill sign for above the garage door

Above: Added piping for the storage silo to the feed mill/supply building.

Last edited:
Below: Added crosswalk (faded) to street

Below: Found some signs for the walls, Pepsi and coffee

Below: Found a fountain for the town

Below shots: Added old gas pump, sign, dumpster, Pepsi machine, air hose, tires, trash cans and dumpster

Last edited:
... the 3rd pic could be a postcard from the european mediterranée ... with the blue as a seaside ... nice pics ... nice postcards ...

grtz
daveric

And the area behind the gas station on the warehouse side of the layout is now good enough for the release.......

Above: Front

Above: Rear

Where did all this Junk come from, man it looks like this place has been lived in....

:wave: Now that is some prized looking Junk you got laying around, it amazes me where you find all this nice Junk.....

Looking good my friend, be proud......Just be careful how much you collect, one man's junk is another mans gold I always say.:hehe:...........Nice work Railhead001!

:wave: Now that is some prized looking Junk you got laying around, it amazes me where you find all this nice Junk.....

Looking good my friend, be proud......Just be careful how much you collect, one man's junk is another mans gold I always say.:hehe:...........Nice work Railhead001!

My buddy Blue...........please allow me to offer some advice in the art of layout detailing.....what I do to aquire all this "junk" and "non-junk" is spend a day or so just looking things up on the DLS or third party websites and downloading as much as time will allow whether I need a specific item for the present or hey that looks cool for the future. I create a folder on my desktop and save everything and try to take notes on items I think will come in handy in the future.

Also when I find a creator I like such as "Dinorius_Redundicus" who makes the "Derelict" series which is mostly all the junk you see, I will try to download as much as possible sometimes spending hours if he has lots of pages worth of stuff, which Dinorius_Redundicus does and its all AMAZING..... Very time consuming but worthwhile for the results.

Another tip, every day I drive to work I look at my surroundings and see what' going on and what can be used such as road work, a dumpster being unloaded into a garbage truck etc.....for my detailing which is why most of my scenes I create look realistic.

And another tip, do not be afraid to kitbash, combine buildings to form new ones, see how they turn out or use items such as Dave Snow's Build-a-Facility series to add doors, steps, windows etc,,,, to existing buildings, In my previous layout series for the Brazemore Yard Layout you will remember I included a few How-To videos on the subject..........imagination goes a long way, try not just uses items "as is".

Oh, and one last tip, unity is very important to me. I try to have everything in a scene go together with color scheme. I have left lots and lots of items out just because the color scheme was off for the scene I needed it to be in....I use a lot of JointedRail buildings for this reason.....they go together really well. It takes longer to match assets but for me the results are worth it.

Hope that helps and Tick Tock
:D

Last edited:
Almost forgot these 2 shots:

Above: Just a small generic loco service area for the Cargill yard section.....SW1200/1500s , GP38s welcome.......

Above: And not to far away on the right side I decided to add 2 dwarf style signals for the Cargill yard entrance area, just enough to let the local switcher know if the mainline is clear or not, none added for the yard itself since I figure its small enough and I envision only one loco servicing the plant, yard and feedmill/storage area anyway.

Tick Tock

Last edited:
ATTN: Pioneer & Freedom Mod Pioneer X is now on the DLS: <KUID:793180:100285>

Notes: Made using TMR17 , Not sure of Tane SP2 compatibility , should work if you have the TMR17 addons....

You start in the Fairmont Speeder so hit key #4 to change trains

Suggested to be run in Summer months for full foliage effect

Low shadows or no shadows recommended since they can interfere with backdrops

Missing kuids...please post in freeware Pioneer X thread and if anybody can help others out it would be greatly appreciated since I lost a lot of third party websites in a hard drive crash

Enjoy !!!!

Also feel free to post pics with your Trainz here ! :D

Last edited:
Hello from France

Very attractive layout.
Thank you for the sharing ... she is already in the box :D

Cheers
Christophe

Thanks Railhead

The route is awesome and works in Tane Sp2 just fine. I had one missing asset called Asphalt 03 which I had an old version of in Tane. I think someone added a new version in TMR but It's locked so I can not open it to see what's changed. I just took the old 01 version and upgraded the version to 02 to match.
Thanks for sharing the route and thanks for sharing your thoughts above. I love the detail level you produce. Thanks

Bob

Excellent job Railhead! Love what you've done! I would really like to team up and do something like this again, if you're interested? Great Job!

My buddy Blue...........please allow me to offer some advice in the art of layout detailing.....what I do to aquire all this "junk" and "non-junk" is spend a day or so just looking things up on the DLS or third party websites and downloading as much as time will allow whether I need a specific item for the present or hey that looks cool for the future. I create a folder on my desktop and save everything and try to take notes on items I think will come in handy in the future.

Also when I find a creator I like such as "Dinorius_Redundicus" who makes the "Derelict" series which is mostly all the junk you see, I will try to download as much as possible sometimes spending hours if he has lots of pages worth of stuff, which Dinorius_Redundicus does and its all AMAZING..... Very time consuming but worthwhile for the results.

Another tip, every day I drive to work I look at my surroundings and see what' going on and what can be used such as road work, a dumpster being unloaded into a garbage truck etc.....for my detailing which is why most of my scenes I create look realistic.

And another tip, do not be afraid to kitbash, combine buildings to form new ones, see how they turn out or use items such as Dave Snow's Build-a-Facility series to add doors, steps, windows etc,,,, to existing buildings, In my previous layout series for the Brazemore Yard Layout you will remember I included a few How-To videos on the subject..........imagination goes a long way, try not just uses items "as is".

Oh, and one last tip, unity is very important to me. I try to have everything in a scene go together with color scheme. I have left lots and lots of items out just because the color scheme was off for the scene I needed it to be in....I use a lot of JointedRail buildings for this reason.....they go together really well. It takes longer to match assets but for me the results are worth it.

Hope that helps and Tick Tock

:wave: Good Day Sir,

Great info here you just shared.......and the part about color coordination, absolutely agree, that is what happens to me when I'm moving stuff around or changing, if the colors don't match right, yah, you can get away with it, but does it look appealing????

Well in my humble thoughts it might occasionally work, but I think good Color correlation makes it outshine the others, and well worth the time and effort such as you have displayed in your creations!

Dean is a fantastic Creator.....:D I need to go back and see what's there I haven't downloaded.......Nothing like more good looking "Derelict" items to dress up the place........:udrool:

Have a great weekend my friend.......

Thanks Railhead

The route is awesome and works in Tane Sp2 just fine. I had one missing asset called Asphalt 03 which I had an old version of in Tane. I think someone added a new version in TMR but It's locked so I can not open it to see what's changed. I just took the old 01 version and upgraded the version to 02 to match.
Thanks for sharing the route and thanks for sharing your thoughts above. I love the detail level you produce. Thanks

Bob

Glad you enjoy this version, I try to include a high level of detail in a smaller space rather than have for example a larger layout/route without as much detail. Looks like all the years of reading Model Railroader magazine has paid off, at least virtually lol.

Excellent job Railhead! Love what you've done! I would really like to team up and do something like this again, if you're interested? Great Job!

And for those of you not in the know, this is the person responsible for allowing me to do what I do. The original creator of the Pioneer & Freedom. Could not have done my "Modified" versions without him. I sent you a PM regarding your question :)

Back