Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PIONEER "X"

PHASE 2: Has arrived. Working on the major industry and small loco facility......

As you can see looking west some new industries have appeared. I modified (no pun intended) the track plan to have focus on the major industry for the layout. The Cargill Grain Corp plant. Takes covered hoppers in and boxcars out

The plant has a lot of freight traffic from rail and road

Above: The employee parking lot and boxcar loading and covered hopper unloading facilities

Last edited by Railhead001; January 8th, 2018 at 03:52 AM.

Also by the loco facility is a feedmill that is still being worked on

adasASAd

Above: Some details, car with a jack being worked on and below a Schneider truck with adjustable front wheels

Last edited by Railhead001; January 7th, 2018 at 11:10 PM.

Beginning the next phase...will relocate Paradise Diner and replacing it with a feed supplier (kitbashed 2 of them to form 1) and some grain storage silos with track access:

Placing silos to see how they will fit and showing different angles:

Removed the cement plant and construction scene

Added one more feed supply business, should have 2-3 on the layout, 1 processing plant (Cargill), and 4-6 grain silo structures varying in size

Cool

Evening Sir,

With your space limits in width, that Silo looks really good set at angle, gives good view perspective and a natural fit where you spotted it.

Did you by chance see ?

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...91-Road-cracks

Interesting Asset to play with..............

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Evening Sir,

With your space limits in width, that Silo looks really good set at angle, gives good view perspective and a natural fit where you spotted it.

Did you by chance see ?

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...91-Road-cracks

Interesting Asset to play with..............
    No, I didn't but very cool indeed. Will be using them

Phase 3: Work in progress. I have added some more details to the feed supply / grain storage industry:

More weeds and created an area under construction with semi dump trucks and earth movers

Also changed the positioning of the feed supply buildings

Default Yard Work

The area next to the feed supply is a small yard that serves not only the supply /silos but the Cargill Grain Corp processing plant:

I wanted some of it to look old and worn so I lowered the rails closet to the edge and added overgrown weeds:

As it moves to the west and the processing plant, the rails become better condition from maintenance from Cargill

Updated the plant with fencing and signs as well as adding pallets to the open shed. The fence by the covered hopper unloading shed is different then the perimeter fence.

The employee parking area was detailed with reserve parking and handicapped parking stencils as well as a handicapped sign plus a fence was added and a wooden crossing

Below a look to the east and the run down yard:

Last edited by Railhead001; January 13th, 2018 at 04:02 AM.

I replaced Hatcher's feed with a farm. Used some of the same details and added others such as the combines, John Deere sign, apple orchard...

More tractors added as well and I still need to add some overhead doors for loading/unloading by the rails and possibly adding a loading dock...

A view towards the second town

Last edited by Railhead001; January 13th, 2018 at 01:55 AM.

Also wanted another town in case I decide to add a passenger depot...............this one turned out quite well for a small space:

Added wooden crossings and detailed the area with walls, hedges, benches, light posts

A view looking back towards the farm:

On the opposite side of the second town I added a bar and a few buildings:

Details such as a neon sign, dumpster and weeds were added

Below: I decided to keep the small warehouse across from the bar since it would be good for operations.....Grain Corp finished products sent via boxcar to it and the farm could supply it with fruit and the warehouse could supply the feed mills, farm equipment etc....

Thought it would be nice to add a small town gas station....still need to detail the back of it and add some cars

Might add a small garage...

So that's the current state...getting closer to completion...need to finish the Purina grain silo details and start working on replacing the warehouse district at Freedom Yard with some mega grain silos and add a small loco facility

Farm update: As mentioned previously I decided to add some rollup doors to the farm facility and a loading dock

Not only regular deliveries and pick ups can be made now but tractors now have a door just the right size for them.

And a different viewing angle of the second town:

Last edited by Railhead001; January 13th, 2018 at 03:03 AM.

Purina grain silo update: I had added a small hill to break the flatness of the area and textured it now along with adding some trees, also added a grain discharge spout for truck loading on the front end above the overhead door.

Added some grain trailers and fenced in some of the area:

Signs on top of the silo and in the back:

A cut of hoppers waits to be loaded

Above: Last section is pretty much completed so with out further delay welcome to the farming module part of Pioneer "X"

Above: And as mentioned earlier, Paradise diner has relocated and is now a major truck stop on the grain highway.

Above: A view a little west of the diner showing the major industries that are part of this section.

Above: Grain trucks lined up to receive their daily loads and a sale on some John Deere harvesters

Above: Looking back eastwards

Above: Another "Flying" gas station, this one with a garage

Default Almost Finished

Below are some shots of the major sections for Pioneer "X"... Two small towns bring this rural layout to life:

Although fictional, this layout has tons of operational possibilities and can easily be converted to "industry" working if so desired.

Grain is the name of the game...grain elevators, storage silos, feed mills, warehouse, processing plant all come together and make great for proto ops.

Functioning signals and ATLS crossings make this layout come to life

Will be making slight adjustments here and there but the buildings and towns are done....just need to detail some areas a little more and hopefully I can release it.
    Last edited by Railhead001; January 14th, 2018 at 05:27 AM.