It's been a while

iceman11a

It's been a long time that I played this game and wanted to see if any thing has changed. It doesn't look like there was. The issue I had was making the track straght. There was someone helping me on Skype. How ever I lost his info. Does anyone have an updated video showing me how to lay down track and get it so it's straight.

Any one can post here or you can reach me on discord. https://discord.gg/uAQ24Jg this link doesn't expire.

Anyhelp would be great. I just loaded my last save and not even 1 minute in running my setup. I had all 4 trains derail.

Tracks TAB
Icon next left to question mark )|

White bend piece of track, red straight piece of track.

Use "advanced" (under that same menu) for more track options.

happynewyear.gif

I tried using them before and still had a hard time trying to figure out the track. That's why I was looking for an updated video.

Thanks for the info. It's just not one of the videos show track setup or layout. The basic idea for laying down track and making switchs and so on. I haven't fount any thing that's newer.

To straighten track you use the straighten track tool and click on the track between spline points.

One of the big problems is that there is no visual indication that the straighten tool has been applied. If the track was originally obviously curved, it is easy to see the change but if there was only a subtle curve, it is not always noticeable that straightening was applied. Then when you come back and apply the straighten to the next track segment, you can get strange kinks in the track and wonder what happened.

I figure that my MOW crew is not perfect and don't place absolutely straight track so I don't straighten track unless it is necessary like when placing a turnout. Elsewhere, long gently sweeping curves are fine. Just remember that two straightened track segments should not follow each other, always have at least one or more curved segments between two straightened segments.

I tried that all ready. all most a year ago. when I started building my 1st layout. the problem is curves and corners and crap like that. switchs and connecting switchs and getting the track straight with the switch. There's where my issue is. every time one of my trains goes over a switch or goes a round a corner. It derails.

One of the big problems is that there is no visual indication that the straighten tool has been applied. If the track was originally obviously curved, it is easy to see the change but if there was only a subtle curve, it is not always noticeable that straightening was applied. Then when you come back and apply the straighten to the next track segment, you can get strange kinks in the track and wonder what happened.

I figure that my MOW crew is not perfect and don't place absolutely straight track so I don't straighten track unless it is necessary like when placing a turnout. Elsewhere, long gently sweeping curves are fine. Just remember that two straightened track segments should not follow each other, always have at least one or more curved segments between two straightened segments.

Ok, that sounds ok to me. Like I said before. That if the corners and switchs are not lined up right. I get a derailed train. That's why I was hoping to find a video that was not any older then 6 months. I was hoping that this issue could have been fixed. It's not a bug. It's some thing that should have been changed. To make track laying easy. So that I can spend more time building my layout then debugging it.

I tried that all ready. all most a year ago. when I started building my 1st layout. the problem is curves and corners and crap like that. switchs and connecting switchs and getting the track straight with the switch. There's where my issue is. every time one of my trains goes over a switch or goes a round a corner. It derails.

Maybe your track sections are not joined together properly. Move the spline points a little to check.
Mick

Back