MP without synchro

Marek27

We tried to play multi, but we could not :(
- it is impossible to enter other players games - it finish with well known info on this forum: "System is in wrong state to join a multiplayer game".
- when we play together with my friends (up to 4 players) we joins our hosts like a charm, but we can't see other trains movements until we push eye symbol on players list - only then player position info were updated (for some time only). Host is only player which can see everyting without problems.
We try to play with Trainz store version 90945 only, Steam version 90959 only and mixing both of them. No results.

It is sad, because we bought this game only because of multiplayer option build in the game. For us, at the moment, it is looks like after a few years of developement one of the major features don't work. Main competitor - Train Sim World is still without promissed multi. New Zealand/Polish free Train Driver 2 multi works, but only when dispatchers are online...

Last edited:
Possible solution copied from other topic about this:
Problem solved with help from Trainz Support :)

Go into Window Explorer (or My Computer), and navigate to the Trainz folder, and right click on the 'TANE.exe' file, and click on 'properties', and then click on the tab called 'Compatibility'. Now set the Privilege Level to "Run this program as an administrator", then click on 'apply', then on 'Ok'.

MP works perfect for me now
:D

@ oknotsen - it did not work :'(

Today's mail from support:
Unfortunately, we have found that there are some issues that have appeared in Multiplayer after the release of our latest update that were not seen during testing of this update. This has been reported to our team, however at this time we cannot say when or if an update may be released for this issue.

Also having this issue a lot and it also seems that now the Multiplayer games are listed a long time after you have ended the session and when you host a new session whether it is on the same route or another people can join your game from the old ghost session and then they can not see any trains, for an example I created a session last week and someone joined my game yesterday by clicking on ghost game listed under Kickstarter county.

The sync issues with trains seem to be getting worse too, today we played and 2 of us were right next to each other my friend could not sync with me so he clicks on my train to force a re-sync then returns to his train and as quick as that we have lost sync again, and if we wish to run frieght unless we are the host we often have to either ask the host to look at our train as we can not see the load even though it is there or have to reconnect to the game to see the load on the waggons.

Every time we play on any route as soon as anyone de-couples any carriage a ghost train will appear for another player in the session, most routes you can click on the owner train via multiplayer window and re-sync but it is totally killing the multiplayer experience for us.

We have an active discord channel with 50 players who all want to and love this game for the multiplayer aspect many of us are route creators, Modelers, Re-skinners & even scripters, I have myself recently released a multiplayer route which I am yet to enjoy due to the de-sync.

Could anyone from NV3 please let us know if and when this will be looked into as many of us are losing patience waiting for multiplayer to work again, It is one of your crowd pleasers and if it is not working people are getting upset.

RudeFX

Last edited:
Back