Panorama of Western Box and Lumber Company Mill and Lumber Flume

wZATfd.jpg

FEQiIL.jpg

Hogs Getting Steam Up At Tabermash Yard

Chris Gerlach
Team Lead
Rollins Pass 1910 Team

Last edited:
I heard that's there was going to be a update to the rolling stock for the route? Has the update been done or is it still in the works?

@ManyTone, Yes I'm still getting a feel for the newest Beta but the distance mountain/height draw issue seems to have been addressed. See my newest posts in the narrow gauge screenshots thread for graphic proof. :D

@Matt3945 I have no info on rolling stock updates, these are the originals that came with the route.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I am, at heart, a mountain man and, although it has been many years since I've been able to tramp the hills, Jango and his teams have let me stand again on the roof of the world.

Hello all Good News... New Updated Rollins Pass 1910 Route Release Coming Soon
Last year two Members of the team that helped Jango create this remarkable route worked to update the route, add new assets, and improve and add to the Sessions created for the route. The new Version 2 of this route will be released very soon on Train Italia, I will post here when that occurs. I was the Team Lead, did most of the new models for the route and with DennR who worked on all of the new route version in all areas of work, worked together for this update. It will include all of the original route release which included 140 authentic rolling stock of all classes, with accurate loads, the full passenger car fleet, and the complete roster of locomotives including a now totally accurate Mallet created by BraselC5048 a long time Trainz member and master modeller. We are happy to be able to share this improved and updated version of this magnificent route created by Jango, which he started working on in 2004. We will provide support and help with the route as people download and use it here. Thanks for the patience of people who have contacted me for help with issues with the 2019 release and we hope this new release will be ready very soon.

This updated version will run fine on the latest release of Trainz, as well as the previous versions back to and including TANE.

Chris

SWk79s.jpg

The Morning Special Train No. 1 out of Tolland Bound for Tabernash passes Boulder Creek photo by Jango

u6OkTg.jpg

Sunrise over the Town of Arrow at the top of the Pass Photo by Jango

3qikW0.jpg

Daybreak at Tolland at the north end of the Pass

Ms3447.jpg

Rotary No. 1 and train clearing the track heading North from Arrow

ERT91d.jpg

Nightfall in Fraser

wcwVUp.jpg

Town Activity at the Depot at Fraser

ssM7Dv.jpg

Dawn over the Fraser Valley looking towards Tabernash

OZKX6u.jpg

View of the start of the Pass looking towards Tolland from Newcomb

N4bJhR.jpg

Sunset in Fraser

NXU9NU.jpg

Morning Train heading to Arrow

klSln2.jpg

DNW&P Rotary No. 1 Clears the Track

ujHNPr.jpg

The wonderful new accurate Mallet made for the route by BraselC5048

Last edited:
Thanks all, we will post as soon as the new files are available over on TrainzItalia. thanks for the kind words, Jango did indeed create a masterpiece and we on the team were and are fortunate to have the chance to help enhance this wonderful route. Will be here soon reborn and refreshed and ready to drive, ride and enjoy. Remember to explore all over there are quite a few surprises and that includes some of the sessions that Bob and I were able to create for you all.
Chris
diOsNz.jpg

No. 300 pulling the No 2 Passenger Special into Tabarnash from Granby

rrSRm3.jpg

A full Yard at Tabernash

An example of how Jango with his remarkable skills was able to recapture historic photos in the route...this one from around 1912

8LAJLM.jpg

And in the route a scene from the town of Arrow in the route

2gI1Ni.jpg

For now we like these passengers at the depot in Tolland, are waiting for the trains to arrive....

H3MmUJ.jpg

By the way you will see that small black and white cat that is sitting there at the end of the station house in the route in various places, he was a beloved pet of Jango's we added to the route as a memento. :)

Last edited:
Any news on the updated Rollins Pass? Very much looking forward to a re-release of this route, can't wait to take it for a spin!

Hello Rico,

the route is ready (as well as the sessions, rolling stock, documentation...) is ready for the release (at last!)

I only have to find the time required to upload all the files on our website within a very busy work schedule, weekends included... stay tuned

Hello Rico,

the route is ready (as well as the sessions, rolling stock, documentation...) is ready for the release (at last!)

I only have to find the time required to upload all the files on our website within a very busy work schedule, weekends included... stay tuned
MOST excellent new @Pendolino. Thank you for the update 🍻 :giggle: 👋 (y)

This deserves a Happy Dance I think.

friday-happy-dance.gif

Rico

Back