Screenshot of The Week: December 28 to January 4 2018 (Year In Review)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Once a year, we look back upon how we've spent the last 8760 hours of our lives; might be happy, might be sad, might've broken a knuckle or two. As the year draws to a close but before everyone turns the last page of this chapter, show us your most memorable picture or one that best sums up your year. This week's theme is Year In Review. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on January 4 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

The yearly roundup of all the new additions to the K&L Roundhouse! Quite the year to say the least! Can't wait to see what 2018 brings!

f4bcf55baa8990496bd213e4ea26b79c.jpg

This shot sums up what I have been able to achieve with TANE this year, a simple but beautiful shot across a small lake.
There is a train in the shot, an OeBB 399 760mm NG steam loco with a train of 2 axle coaches.

Trainz and its content creators have come a long way.

OeBB-399-NG760.jpg

The boat in the foreground is a new release by Mick1960, <kuid:206616:100313> MV_Zille 02

Last edited:
Border Counties

2017 has seen me build a route which I intend to release on to the DLS. It is quite short, being a section of the old North British Railway's Border Counties Railway which ran between Riccarton Junction in Scotland and Hexham in England. The route covers Reedsmouth Junction and Bellingham. Here, in T:ANE, Class J21 0-6-0 number 65070 shunts at Reedsmouth Junction early in a morning circa 1948.

Happy New Year

Like the young boy watching the action from his bicycle, my fascination with Trainz has grown more every day. Here's to a great 2018, cheers everyone!
Young-train-buff-fascinated-by-the-afternoon-scenic-train..jpg

A freight train waits at the signal as the passenger train passes by. Have a safe New Year everyone! See you all next year! :)

No matter what life throws at you, with determination and a little bit of good fortune thrown in, you can get through.

Last edited:
While Trainz wasn't my main focus for 2017, my best part trainz wise for 2017 was finally getting my CGI Henry model in game.
5ee8112cbc1994e0e1f258c58eab15eb.jpg

Late 2017 saw my return to Trainz an the Trainz Community because whilst I lurked in the shadows, I saw amazing content released that became harder and harder to resist :D
c49e9824cd433c761d6e4806247b4cb6.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Highlight for me was finally getting a PC that could really work with TANE and then discovering environmental and post-processing settings. My resolution is to try and get these routes out to the community in 2018.

27616372809_efc5f86143_h.jpg

Paul

This year I made a new route to test my skills, now I moved this route on TANE. Enjoy the sunrise while you're awaking in the night train.

Jimmy

2017, easily one of my least productive years in terms of Trainz, but a good year for me nonetheless. A lot of personal accomplishments and discoveries last year - I only hope I can make 2018 even better!

Personal Trainz highlight of the year was this paintscheme, easily my fav thing of the year - though that Northern comes real close!
nIwUPkm.png

Cheers,
SM

This is probably the best work I've done during 2017. Lots of frustrations, computer breakdowns, merging of routes not functioning as they should, but found a way to overcome those problems and moved ahead. Many thanks to all the Aussie guys who gave me the support when I needed it. 2018 looks good for everyone.
Cheers,
Roy
A shot of my Sydney Central and Sydney Harbour route.
a329cd92b6810da8b24eba870e208117.jpg

Submissions are now closed. There are 16 entries so please vote for up to 2. Voting ends January 11; please post your votes below.

Back