Classic Cabon City

MF01

Doing MP parisian subway
Hello,

I'm interested in buying this DLC but it says "compatible with TS12 SP1" so almost everything is compatible with T:ANE I'm wondering if it'll works in T:ANE SP2 HF1 please ?

Thanks in advance

Hello, I'm interested in buying this DLC but it says "compatible with TS12 SP1" so almost everything is compatible with T:ANE I'm wondering if it'll works in T:ANE SP2 HF1 please ? Thanks in advance

***I realize the original thread was started back in Dec 2017. I'm not to sure why Ben1337 bumped the thread. Seeing that it has been bumped, I thought I'd reply for any newbie's who might be curious about the "Classic Carbon City" layout***

I'm not sure whether it would be compatible with Tane or not??? Probably not. (The price is pretty cheap, so I guess it's worth a try). I think a lot of the content in CCC was made specific for that layout. I don't remember any of that content being uploaded to the DLS.

If I remember rightly, if you had the original CCC disk & installed "Classic Carbon City" using the old carbon_city .ja file into either TS2009, TS2010 & TS2012 49922 it was editable. (you need the serial number if you are installing using the .ja file method).

I don't think the TS2012 SP1 HF4 version of Classic Carbon City that is still sold by N3V as DLC is editable.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
***I realize the original thread was started back in Dec 2017. I'm not to sure why Ben1337 bumped the thread. Seeing that it has been bumped, I thought I'd reply for any newbie's who might be curious about the "Classic Carbon City" layout***

I'm not sure whether it would be compatible with Tane or not??? Probably not. (The price is pretty cheap, so I guess it's worth a try). I think a lot of the content in CCC was made specific for that layout. I don't remember any of that content being uploaded to the DLS.

If I remember rightly, if you had the original CCC disk & installed "Classic Carbon City" using the old carbon_city .ja file into either TS2009, TS2010 & TS2012 49922 it was editable. (you need the serial number if you are installing using the .ja file method).

I don't think the TS2012 SP1 HF4 version of Classic Carbon City that is still sold by N3V as DLC is editable.

Cheers, Mac...

The content from TRS2009 era is importable into T:ANE as you said, however, there is a large number of errors that need repairs. These are mostly related to textures, and some incorrect spline references in the config.txt files. The config.txt error is a simple reference default.im as the mesh and is of course an error. Opening up the asset folder shows a mesh.im of a different name. Simply changing the default.im to whatever is mentioned in the asset folder its self fixes the problem. The texture errors, however, need a bit of TLC with Images2TGA and an occasional edit of the config.txt file where textures are referenced instead of .textures are.

From what I recall, some of the assets were built in into TS2009 and I think TS2010 through the demo versions of the route. These assets eventually were uploaded to the DLS, but I don't remember if it was all of them or not.

The issue in the end, however, is the assets do look dated. They were great in their day, but have run their course as many of us have over the intervening years.

Back