Help - Lost Route!

Forester1

Hi! I am using T:ANE, SP2, build 90945. Someone posted some DEMS named INPR, which stands for Idaho Northern Pacific Railroad. This is a route from Cascade Idaho, down through the Payette River Canyon to the towns in southern Idaho, including the Boise area. It is an area I have worked and lived for years, so I started working on the north end, and saved a renamed copy to INPR-North for my development use. I have put hours and hours of work into this route, but it appears to be all lost. When I brought it up to work on it tonight, it said there were unsaved changes, and asked if I wanted to take the changes or revert. I chose to take the changes, and when I brought it up, it looked fine. I made a minor change on some textures and then quit, accidentally saying "don't save". Then I brought it up again. It all looked fine, The changes I had just made were still there, then I started to work on a road intersection. I quit and this time I saved the route. Then when I looked at another route to find the type of intersection I wanted, I came back to put in the type of intersection I want, but it is all gone.

When I bring up the route, it just has a single blank baseboard. Not event the DEM is there! The picture it usually shows is now just black, although if I go to sessions, the picture for the default driver shows part of a dirt road, but if I bring the session up, it is also just a single, blank baseboard.

Help! I have no idea what I did to cause this! I tried going to the developer menu and rebuilding the database, but that did no good. And I have no idea whether I can, or how, to get it back. Anyone have an idea? I have checked all of the folders under Program files\N3V and under User\AppData\Local\N3V and there is nothing under backups or Editing or anything else I could find...

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

Last edited:
Update - I found it under Content Manager - Today, and it says Modified - Faulty. When I select View erros and Warnings, I get this:

WorldList::ValidateBackingStoreFiles> missing file: mapfile_-96_19.obs
WorldList::ValidateBackingStoreFiles> missing file: mapfile_-98_20.obs
WorldList::ValidateBackingStoreFiles> missing file: mapfile_-97_20.obs
WorldList::ValidateBackingStoreFiles> missing file: mapfile_-95_20.obs
VE180 Integrity Check Failure on mapfile_index.obs. One or more route/session tiles may be missing
WorldList::ValidateBackingStoreFiles> missing file: mapfile_0_0.rlr
VE180 Integrity Check Failure on mapfile_index.rlr. One or more route/session tiles may be missing
WorldList::ValidateBackingStoreFiles> missing file: mapfile_-98_17.trk
(a list of several of these)
VE150 Integrity Check Failure on mapfile_index.trk. One or more route/session tiles may be missing
WorldList::ValidateBackingStoreFiles> missing file: mapfile_-98_17.vtx
There is a list of 11 of the same messages, for numbers -98_17, -97_18, -97_19, -96_19, -95_19, etc.
VE180 Integrity Check Failure on mapfile_index.vtx. One or more route/session tiles may be missing
VE30:The tag 'image' in 'default' refers to a nonexistent file: 'thumbnail.jpg'

Does this mean anything to anyone? I tried open -Bring up in explorer and there were only a few files, most around 1k, but a 9MB mapfile.gnd file...

Did you try a database repair, or a database repair holding down the Ctrl key to do the extended database repair, did you reboot to eliminate that possible problem. Did you save any backups of this to a USB stick or backup drive so you can reload an old copy.

These are just some of many solutions that may save your route. The reboot thing has helped me a lot since the last hotfix. When I go from Surveyor to Driver sometimes it just loses it lately. I have had it go from Surveyor to Driver and just throw up a black screen with only the consists green bars and nothing else. I reboot and then all is well.

Thanks Christopher724. Tried both the Database Repair and the Extended Repair, and just now tried a reboot. Nothing worked. I have backups to an external drive, to the point where I last backed up, although there will be a lot to redo. But how do I find it? I don't recognize it in anything I see in the folder structures, either in Program Files or in User.... I do recognize what you are saying about going from Surveyor to Driver. It has done that to me also, so I don't do it any more, I exit and then come back in.

There is this person JCitron on the forum (an expert in my world), that probably knows the answer to reload from backup... I am no expert there. Maybe see if you can look him up and PM him to give you the way to reload from backup, or he may answer here if he see's this post.

Yes, he has helped me before. Very good. Thanks again. I am guessing it has something to do with finding the KUID number or opening in Explorer from the Content Manager and copying stuff in. Kinda spooky though, having it just up and go bad. I have another route I have put much more time into and a third I was just starting. Don't know how much I want to risk, timewise... If I get good enough and can get the DEM, I'd like to continue Tume's Avery-Drexel the other way from Avery Idaho to Othello Washington He is going to pick it up there and go from Othello to Tacoma, some day....

Hmm....

In summary:

The route you were working on became mush and can't be opened.

There are two ways to restore your route:

The first is to go back to your previous version, which I think you mentioned is still installed and start over from there. My gut feeling tells me this is the fastest way to go about this. Take the route and do a save as to your new file name.

The other is to look through your Backups folders, which are located where you have your T:ANE content installed. I have mine on my F: drive under TANE_DATA. Your location will of course be different.

In there look for the date you last worked on your route. The file format from T:ANE is different and you will need to restore the .tzarc file(s) for your route.

Rather than me repeating and typing what's available, here's a link to the wiki article:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php?title=Help:Restoring_Content

If you have a CDP backup, you could reinstall that file. You would need to check the open for edit and choose submit in order to overwrite the files.

At any rate, we need to address why you have this issue, and that can be done in another topic.

YES!!!! JCitron, thank you so much for the help and the link. I have recovered my route as it was and am overjoyed to have my work preserved. I am going to copy the procedure from the link and keep it handy. Thank N3V for automatic backups. I just had to look into the right build folder. WOOT!:clap:

Back