Symptomz of Trainz Addiction

euromodeller

Imagineer
When virtuality meetz reality and virtuality winz...

You know you have a Tranz addiction...

When writing a sentence you replace wordz ending in 's' with a 'z'

When you are watching a video on your PC and you try to change the point of view with your keyboard arrowz and/or mouse movement.

Can you think of more?

When you see an interesting structure (bridge, building, etc) and the first thing you wonder is what the poly count would be.

That moment when you see a train passing by and you press the 1 key on your cellphone to jump into the cabin.

Last edited:
When you see an actual train looking a bit dingy and instead of saying, "Needs a wash," say "Needs more specular."

When you see what looks like repeating textures on a REAL cliff and you think, "Didn't rotate textures."

When you see tracks, you wonder what the route is called on the DLS and wonder if it has unknown assets that has to be downloaded from 3rd party sites...

Last edited:
Whilst watching YouTube videos, trying to change the camera view to 'Free Roaming' using the '4' key in an attempt to rotate the viewpoint - and endlessly assessing the landscape in the real world to find vegetation patterns and rock structures you can replicate in the Trainz world..

Last edited:
When you're riding or driving along on the highway, you look at the scenery and contemplate how to build that in Trainz.

When you need new glass's, because constant PC use is absolutely ruining your eyesight ... Carpal tunnel syndrome is setting in ... Your chair foam is completely flattened and wearing out ... You go out and buy a desk Workstation Lift so you can raise your PC up to a standing position ... You measure and adjust all of your curves with that little known "Get Curve Radius" tool button ... You are never satisfied until all your tracks and turnouts are perfectly straight in line, within a 1" precision tolerance ...

if i had a choice of losing a prospective wife or my Trainz there would be a sad woman here in Glasgow........:eek:

when you get sick and think, "huh, my frame rate on my enthusiast gaming pc with an 8gb graphics card and ssd seems to be having a hard time running a simple train sim, I wonder why".

Oh thats cause it's not optimized buddy.

When you're setting at a gas station and spy a set of electrical conduits and say to yourself, "Ah! That's how I need to build the corners for my utility rack!" Sad.

When you see a steam loco in a museum and start taking pictures of the wheels, buffers, hoses, handles, steps, funnel, whistles, safeties, cab levers,....

Why, because 99% of all the photos of steam locos on the internet are taken from the front quarter.

How bout' all the above?
Dean
P.S. Wanting to change the camera angle with my mouse at any website is my biggest faults?

The fact that I am still here after sixteen years and the fact that I look at everything in the environment around me with 3D modeling in mind.

Back