Well, this is just frustrating...

ledzeppelinfan1

There were some sales going on today with some loco packs. They were great deals until they didn't work at all.

After looking back on the details of the packs where they could be purchased, it said compatible with TS12 SP 1.

Totally didnt notice that and now Ive apparently wasted some money. Is there no way to get that back or credited towards something else?

If not, thats understandable, I suppose; but honestly, the compatibility of these things needs to be in a more prominent place.

You have TANE...

Perhaps I wasn't clear...

I know what I have and why the loco packs didnt work since they are obsolete to my build number. Im upset that the compatibility of the loco packs wasnt more prominently displayed bc i then wouldnt have wasted my money. Get it? In the end, it is my fault. Just annoying still.

Obsolete build numbers aren't necessarily a problem. Did it appear with a warning icon (yellow triangle) or a red circle with a cross in it when checked for errors and warnings?

Shane

Everything runs in tane!

Even stuff for '06, '09, '10, '12 etc.

You have not waisted money al all.
Just repair the faulty ones!

☼!☼

Probably you should tell what locomotives you are talking about. I for example can not guess what your problem is, since my packages are also present. Then you will probably be helped faster.

Ok...

The loco packs in question are the NS-NW pack and the CSX pack.

They were both RAR files that needed to be unzipped. I'll get back to you guys later with more specific details. Let me know precisely what you need to know so I can help you...help me.

��

Once I had the same problem. If you're not up to "repairing faulty dependencies" just get a ticket with the helpdesk. I'm almost entirely sure you'll be able to get a refund or credit. I had! :) They have very friendly people working there. They'll understand you're new to the scene.

https://support.trainzportal.com/

Ok...

The loco packs in question are the NS-NW pack and the CSX pack.

They were both RAR files that needed to be unzipped. I'll get back to you guys later with more specific details. Let me know precisely what you need to know so I can help you...help me.

��

Rar files? Doesn't sound like you got them from N3V as all DLC is downloaded from within the game.

What exactly did you download and where from?

Rar files? Doesn't sound like you got them from N3V as all DLC is downloaded from within the game.

What exactly did you download and where from?

I did get them from NV3. I downloaded the link for each set that appeared in the My Downloads section shortly after purchase. I thought it was quite strange as that has never happened before, meaning I've never seen RAR files in TANE.

I did get them from NV3. I downloaded the link for each set that appeared in the My Downloads section shortly after purchase. I thought it was quite strange as that has never happened before.

That's unusual for later versions as they should install in-game. Did you try that first (using File > Download Purchased Items within the T:ANE Launcher)?

Shane

File/DL purchased items...

No I didn't. I thought it would pop up in the window that appears when you start TANE. Obviously I'll try that when I get home.

OK. Well when I tried to go File/DL Purchased...

It said that Trainz will force a request next time it is launched. So I started the game and nothing.

So, right now, I have nothing but some unzipped RAR files that arent working. Here is the exact product listings...

https://store.trainzportal.com/products/csx-transportation-sd70mac-pack

AND

https://store.trainzportal.com/products/norfolk-western-norfolk-southern-pack

I've never had issues downloading anything into TANE...and the more I mess with this the more confused I become. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!!!

This is what I done and so far haven't had any issues so far.

Start TANE > File > Download purchase items > Close TANE completely and wait a few seconds before starting > Launch TANE and start Trainz. When I do this, I have the DLC window right there waiting for me to download the items.

This is what I done and so far haven't had any issues so far.

Start TANE > File > Download purchase items > Close TANE completely and wait a few seconds before starting > Launch TANE and start Trainz. When I do this, I have the DLC window right there waiting for me to download the items.

Did that a few times. Nothing. I've NEVER had assets act this way.

OK. Well when I tried to go File/DL Purchased...

It said that Trainz will force a request next time it is launched. So I started the game and nothing.

So, right now, I have nothing but some unzipped RAR files that arent working. Here is the exact product listings...

https://store.trainzportal.com/products/csx-transportation-sd70mac-pack

AND

https://store.trainzportal.com/products/norfolk-western-norfolk-southern-pack

I've never had issues downloading anything into TANE...and the more I mess with this the more confused I become. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I supplied links to the actual items in question. Does anyone have any advice or not? They are not coming up in the DL window in TANE after MANY launches. After purchase, they were DL'd as RAR files that need to be unzipped. Then once unzipped and transfered into TANE they come back with more problems than you can shake a stick at.

Am I best served by simply requesting a refund or credit?

Back