Well, this is just frustrating...

Once unRAR'd and installed:

What are the KUID numbers?

What are the errors?

Are there missing dependencies?

As a note: Unlike Routes and some assets, locomotives and train cars must have all their dependencies in order to work. Also nearly everything created prior to T:ANE will work outside of some unique assets, or those which are truly broken in some fashion, Most errors, outside of some scripting errors or those having to do with LOD targets, are repairable.

I have these locos installed, by the way, and they all work fine.

OK...I actually just deleted them all.

One thing I find interesting, that after they were DL'd, they appear listed as 'archived' files in the DL folder. The issues look to be with the shells apparently. It states the build number is too old. States the poly count is too high and might cause performance issues, etc. There no missing dependencies, only listing the shell as being faulty.

If the kuid would help a lot, Ill DL them again I suppose to try to get that for you.

I just cant understand why they arent automatically popping up in TANE to install after purchase like usual.

Since it wouldnt initialize installation in TANE I had to go through the MyTrainz section of the site where you get the files youve purchased with a header that states:
TANE will download DLC automatically in game. DLC downloads on this page are for people who wish to install the DLC in products pre TS12 SP1.

Since I had to use the bolded method of installation, is that what is causing this problem perhaps?

The issues look to be with the shells apparently. It states the build number is too old. States the poly count is too high and might cause performance issues, etc.

Those things wont cause the item to be faulty.

There no missing dependencies, only listing the shell as being faulty.

please list the reason for the fault. I created these files though it was many years ago. I am sure I can direct you to what you need to have these working in T:ANE as all of mine do. I just don't remember all of the issues and corrections over the years.

Ok, Ill re-DL them and copy/paste everything. Any clue why they arent automatically coming up to be installed in TANE after purchase like other content usually does? Regardless, Ill now get as much info to you as I possibly can. Stay tuned.

OK, the NS ES40 is working. So there's that.

Now, on the CSX pack...it has 0 errors and 4 warnings for both YN2 models and the YN3, all identical.

* This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number...
** The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may impact performance.
***The meshes in LOD level 4 must total at least 20% fewer polygons than the next higher LOD
**** Image file 'mesh art/mesh art icon.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file

When listing the dependencies for these locos, the only thing that comes back red is the shell which is labeled as 'modified, faulty'.

If we can manage to fix these CSX locos, Ill be happy. I could care less about the NW locos on the other pack as those weren't the target of interest in the purchase so I dont care to spend the time trying to fix them. I'll literally never use them.

Last edited:
OK, the NS ES40 is working. So there's that.

Now, on the CSX pack...it has 0 errors and 4 warnings for both YN2 models and the YN3, all identical.

* This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number...
** The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may impact performance.
***The meshes in LOD level 4 must total at least 20% fewer polygons than the next higher LOD
**** Image file 'mesh art/mesh art icon.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file

When listing the dependencies for these locos, the only thing that comes back red is the shell which is labeled as 'modified, faulty'.

If we can manage to fix these CSX locos, Ill be happy. I could care less about the NW locos on the other pack as those weren't the target of interest in the purchase so I dont care to spend the time trying to fix them. I'll literally never use them.

The biggest problem so far is that you keep listing the warnings of the base asset instead of the errors of the one that is faulty. It cant be fixed without knowing what those are. We need to know what the problem is with the assets that are marked faulty.

I thought it was quite strange as that has never happened before, meaning I've never seen RAR files in TANE.
That's the point to take up with the help desk. If they are providing content that is downloadable as RAR files then either it is not compatible with Tane and you can try to negotiate a refund or substitute, or it is incorrectly configured for download and needs to be adjusted at their end for automatic installation.

That's the point to take up with the help desk. If they are providing content that is downloadable as RAR files then either it is not compatible with Tane and you can try to negotiate a refund or substitute, or it is incorrectly configured for download and needs to be adjusted at their end for automatic installation.

I hear ya. I'm honestly more interested in a credit for something else. I'm too busy to go through the process of fixing something I've purchased. Frankly, that's not my responsibility and the biggest problem isn't me not providing the right information to repair the asset, but that the asset has issues which require trouble shooting for it to work in the TANE SP2 HF1.

Back