White Splines vs Yellow Splines

Ok, when I lay tracks down and want to create a roadbed (say .80 high) the spline goes from white to yellow. Then I click on the option to put the roadbed below the elevated track. No problem. However when I click onto another option to bring the track down to the roadbed (and the spline point goes from yellow back to white), I see grooves or dips in some (not all) of the splines. Now I clicked onto an option that gets rid of the groove/dip and the track is level, yet the spline point is yellow again. Should it matter? Or, do all spline points need to be white? Or is the section of track not clicked enough to bring the roadbed up to the desired height? Thanks.

Last edited:
The yellow spline points are an indication that the splines are level and smooth, and the points are connected. If you see a white spline point, then the spline is not level, and sometimes not connected.

A leveled spline will remain at the same plain until its spline is raised or lowered. For spline assets such as fences, for example, you may not want to level those if you want them to follow the terrain over a hill. The same is true for power lines, telegraph poles, and even roads in some instances. Roads, need to be level in some places, but can follow the terrain in others. As you gain experience with this, you'll realise which situation works for these splines, but for tracks they always should be level.

Ok I was just wondering because when I saw a video about Kickstarter County that was put in Surveyor, I saw yellow splines as well as white splines on the tracks. I always thought the yellow colored spline was indicative of Caution.

Ok I was just wondering because when I saw a video about Kickstarter County that was put in Surveyor, I saw yellow splines as well as white splines on the tracks. I always thought the yellow colored spline was indicative of Caution.

Nope, just the track isn't level. Caution and other indications is done the prototypical way with signals and speed limits.

Back