Detailed route for Trainz

BNSF650

*Got BN Payware*
So i am thinking about buying the BN v2 route from JR. But is there any freeware routes that are detailed on the DLS? Would like to find some good mainline action or switching routes.

So i am thinking about buying the BN v2 route from JR. But is there any freeware routes that are detailed on the DLS? Would like to find some good mainline action or switching routes.

I have BN v2 and Coal Country...between the two, Id go with Coal Country every day of the week. I find BN v2 to be very boring, honestly and regret its purchase.

There's 100's of routes on the DLS but the only way to see if they meet the OP personal requirements is to download and try them. There is no review or marking system in place for freeware content and rightly so as what counts as good and detailed in one person's view might not reflect those of another. You could have a wonderfully scenic route based on an iconic prototype, all sorts of detail, but the author forgot to straighten his track sections! Conversely you could have a faithful prototype layout but the author hates doing scenery, so a town consists of a church, a pub and four houses! There are a number of route builders somewhat lacking in modesty (perhaps) who will tell you how wonderful their creations are and others who will sit quietly in the background and let their work speak for itself.

Singling out a particular route or routes as particularly worthy of attention is liable to start putting noses out of joint or ignite a flame war.

Vern --

Too true; too true.

How many times have you, I and others downloaded a route that sounded good (if indeed there was any description on the Download Station), only to be disappointed?

That's one of the reasons I do a write up in these Forums - so that the reader can decide whether the route is of the type and appearance that appeals to him. I'd encourage all uploaders of routes to do something similar. To the Original Poster, this is one example:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...gauge-layout-the-Cilie-Oldpharts-Logging-RRCo

Phil

I have BN v2 and Coal Country...between the two, Id go with Coal Country every day of the week. I find BN v2 to be very boring, honestly and regret its purchase.
Same here, the BN route is pretty boring, as there is hardly anything to look at vs Coal Country there is always something, even some hidden things that don't see the first time, but do on the second time

:wave: As the others have pointed out so well, there is a wealth of Routes on DSL and Folks Websites, it will take quite a bit of time to weed your way thru, I have spent weeks downloading and trying different Routes to find what I like and what I don't, it all comes in time.

:cool: Glenwood Shops has some very nice routes, and I would also suggest you go into the Screen Shot Forum

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?22-Screenshots

and look around at the different Threads in there, for me Visual is number one, and in fact, when I visited that part of our forum a long time ago, that was how I found some great routes, was by the Pictures displayed by both Author's and users alike.

I bid you a good day and hope you find a Route worthy of your appreciation.

Been trying to download route from the DLS. But when i click on the link nothing happens. Is there another way to download stuff?

If you purchased the Legacy of the BN route directly from Jointed Rail, you can modify it as much as you like. I took the Legacy I and merged it on the end of Legacy II. I then renamed and modified the same names on the older one so they're not the same as the new one. In one area I took the woodchip mill and put in a railcar repair company. On my tween board, I put in a double track and worked in some transitions with trees, roads, and so on so no one knows it's my transition boards. In other areas, I added in some passing sidings and put in some extra portals.

Back