My new version of NYCTA subway system is almosted finished but...

jeffmorris

I have a few questions:

1. I created the system using images from Open Street Maps and TransDEM to create ground textures and UTM tiles. I'm supposed to delete the UTM tiles and ground textures before uploading the system to the DLS. Deleting the UTM tiles is easy but how can I replace TransDem-generated ground textures with my own textures?

2. Should I model the tracks belonging to LIRR, MNRR, and other railroads?

3. How can I get lists of content used by my system, content on hard disk not used by my system, and my content on DLS?

I'm using TANE SP2 HF1 (build 90945)

Re 1, Two steps to removing the Transdem textures. First, you have to use the replace asset tool to replace all the Transdem textures in the route using whatever ground texture will best blend in the odd area where they haven't been painted out (to avoid leaving bare board area). Second you have to open the route for edit in Content Manager then there is a utility from within Transdem to remove the texture references in your route file. Otherwise they will still show up as dependencies and even though you print in bold capitals they are an extraneous reference, you will still get some people who don't read readmes bleating on the forum about miisiing textures...

Re 2. Always difficult, how much is too much? If you start placing adjacent lines then you need to think about how far they go off scene and whether to make them fully operational or not.

Re 3. Well CMP will list the dependencies but not sure whether these can be broken down. The only way to be sure on that one was to have kept a written log during the development stage.

OKon6PR.png

I started "drawing" the streets using splines but I think that it will take at least a year before I finish
"drawing" the streets using splines
. I started painting over the unnecessary stuff but
I think that it will take at least a year before I finish
painting over the unnecessary stuff
. I set the "Maximum Draw Distance" at 15000m. Any suggestions?

I have track maps for the MNRR and LIRR, if you just want to put the NYC portion of these systems in your route

Last edited:
Back