MILW Northern Pacific Avery Drexel Dependency Downloads?

Fallnflag

With the Platinum Ed Bundle, it appears I'm not getting a full down load. I have lots of missing items. Using the faulty menu choice it show I'm missing Built in dedendencies for Avery-Drexel routes, East and West bound Freights, and NP lookout Pass summer and winter sessions, along with some bogey dependencys missing.
a Gen 1960 op1 is listed as faulty
how do I get these missing items?
Some of these indicate I can download the when I right click but after a down load bar displays, these items still are listed as missing.
There are a bunch of items listed in the Asset Download window (while in the Select Rout page). This is where I downloaded the two MILW "files". Do I need to download all the assets listed for this to work.
I've also tried the force download from the download purchased items menu and restarted trainz but nothing seems to happen

ive removed the cache folders and the two associated package files for this download in an attempt to rebuild and re-download the route, with the same missing items displaying again. This is crazy. MSTS much much simpler frankly.

color me confused.

Sooooo...

Think I've figured it out....maybe....it appears that all the things listed the on the download page seem to be included in the Platinum package, and I need to download the bunch. There no info about needing to do that that I can find.

On the face value, for a neofite trainz user, it is counterintuitive to load all that stuff on your machine, after all why load all that stuff when you're not planing to use it?

Ill download all all of that material tomorrow to see if that what I need to do. Sorry this stuff is not Intutive.

Well yes..it is a bundle

The answer to my question is yea you gotta download all the stuff in a bundle, even if you don’t want to use it.
Would be nice to know that.

There a awlful lot of stuff I’ll never used in the bundle, but it seem you gotta fill up your drive on your machine just to run a few route. While I’ve enjoyed the few routs I’ve looked at, I am having second thought about buying this bloatware monstrosity.

The good news here is you will never have to download those assets again.
The content isn't just by the routes you have downloaded. These dependencies will be used on other routes you install, and you can even use them yourself if you were to ever build a route of your own.

If you are concerned about space, you can limit the number of backups the program makes. As you create a route, or download assets, there is a backup made of the assets. These can add up pretty quickly.

To limit the number of backups go here:

At the Launcher, click on settings.
In Settings click on Dev tab.
Change Daily backups to keep to something you think will be suitable. I keep 3 days worth instead 7, which is the default.

If you are concerned about space, you can limit the number of backups the program makes. As you create a route, or download assets, there is a backup made of the assets. These can add up pretty quickly.

To limit the number of backups go here:

At the Launcher, click on settings.
In Settings click on Dev tab.
Change Daily backups to keep to something you think will be suitable. I keep 3 days worth instead 7, which is the default.

Great thank for the advice. appreciate the comeback.

Back