Major Trackmark Problems

Trainman1337

Hello, I believe this may be my first time posting here. I'm working on a good-sized route and have begun to attempt to automate it, but have run into a significant problem. The singular train which I've attempted to use thus far fails to acknowledge the trackmarks that it's assigned to go to, even if it runs over them! Often times, the train will drive until it reaches a signal it cannot pass (such as an end-of-track marker or one controlled by an interlocking tower) and then reverse all the way to the trackmark in question, and only then will it register that it's found the trackmark.

Experimental trains sometimes find the trackmark on their first pass, but only from one direction. Does anyone have any insight as to why this isn't working as expected?
(I say 'the' trackmark, but this seems to be happening with every one on the map.)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

A problem has been discovered with T:ANE SP2 HF1 related to track marks and you may have run into the problem by the sounds of it. N3V is working on a resolution for the problem, which we hope will happen soon. A workaround is to remain in the locomotive rather than use the external roaming camera while in the driving session.

@JCitron

That is a particularly interesting problem/solution. I really hope that it's resolved shortly because my route is essentially unworkable!

I'm going to test if this is what's going on and report back.

Edit: I just did a minor test and it appears that sitting with the engine isn't a guaranteed solution; it ran straight through. Perhaps I'm running into a different but similar problem? Is there somewhere where I can find the wording of this bug?

Edit: I found your topic regarding this on the support part of the forums. I'm just so glad I didn't mess something up; I would've been crushed if my route was ruined.

Last edited:
In my case, I can be inside of the cab or free camera roaming, the train misses some of the trackmarks, stations or industries. I haven't noticed any differences from being inside or outside. Now, on the first run, it happens to some consists, not always the same. Save the session and run it , and the problem becomes more accented. At some point, everything runs like there are no stations or trackmarks, so is completely unusable. I have replaced industries, trackmarks and station platforms, plus locos. No change to the behavior. But a fix is coming... Or a return to the way it used to be.

Back