What happened to the Missabe Road?

shebashetan7

Hello everyone. To refresh the memory, there was once a freeware site called the Missabe Road, that boasted high-quality content offerings for Trainz, that being a variety of DM&IR ore hoppers and other rolling stock. Recently, it appears the site is dead. I was able to acquire the steam-era hoppers via the Wayback Machine, but they are rendered useless because they do not have the dependencies on their server. Can someone explain what caused the demise of this website?

I am aware that there is a 2-10-2 and a Yellowstone numbered for the DM&IR on NARM, and have those running in my TS12 install. Cabooses for the DM&IR are readily available on the DLS.

Like many outside third-party websites, the owner loses interest, doesn't want to pay for the service anymore, just lost interest in the program so the content is orphaned and the site goes away.

As far as dependencies go, they probably can be found using the Trainz Kuid Index. www.trainzkuidindex.com . It's not a free service, but the $15 a year subscription will pay for its self not only for finding the missing dependencies but also with the discovery of more content and content creators than we ever thought of.

Back