New iMAC Pro launches with powerful GPU options at last - But you'll pay...

Well, now there is the best deal of all. Mac OS X on a virtual machine (VM) from multiple platforms, not just a VM in Windows.

The new imac pro is just over thr top pricing, I'd wait three years until they are halfway affordable and a graphics studio starts chucking them out . I've considered hackentosh, but the total lack of support from NV3 even if you a non standard graphics card is a killer. also , i'd be annoyed when things dont work, which is usually the case .

i just buy second hand mac pros, ( the last one i got 3.3gh 6 core 2010 16 gb and ssd was under a grand in oz currency ) there's a downside re graphics cards but from what i have discerned the latest rx580s are pretty good now they have native drivers .

If i was in the states i could pick up gtx 680 4gb vram and IF NV3 get support for metal going efficiently , it would be quite competitive with some of the low end newer cards, my 2gb version runs TANE quite well. as it is I am not going to splurge $400 on the 4gb version ( plus postage ) on a 4 year old card which has come from overseas and which i cant send back cheaply if it doesn't work .
The big downside with the imac is so much of the extra price is because of the screen, which i do not need or desire. I have two 32 inch screens that are HD quality and i have no intention of ever going the 4k + route.

Back