I condemn Auran/N3V...

Alcaron

Trainz Veteran
Auran/N3V...

(Sorry my english is not so good...)

What you provided to the user/customer as Tane is an imposition!

Each update brings a little improvement but many more problems.
After last patch SP2 HF1 to version 90945, Tane is spinning even more.

I make a database repair/rebuild after the update. Then I had over 1700 faulty objects. Built-in objects were suddenly modified and was faulty.
Luckily, i could revert it back to original content. But other which was installed by the DLS, was suddenly also faulty. So I has delete this content. And i has re-download and install it.

In some cases, the content are correct in large part. But I had to repair some objects myself, as far as possible.

But it goes even further...

My father has the same problem.
Only, that he had over 2800 faulty objects.

The strange thing is now... objects which we both has installed from the DLs are faulty in tane from my dad. And in order in my tane.

And to put the whole still the crown... if I click "view errors and warnings" in my content manager, by content which are ok. Suddenly this objects are also faulty.

It's really a cheeky thing to offer the customer such a product.

They should have make/drawn a stop-line and saying that is now a complete new version of Trainz.
This Trainz is not compatible to the older versions and content. You make/build something together to make it backward compatible and gived it a new name: "T:ane".

If I were asked, I would have preferred a new version of Trainz, which worked flawlessly. And not a version that only has unnecessary problems.

Also, you can not expect from the content creator, that they always adapt/repair her whole objects for Trainz or Tane. Nobody is perfect. Above all, if there is never give a proper explanation.
And once they have finished with her 300-1000 objects, there is a new Trainz version and they have to adapt everything to the new version again...

We love Tane/Trainz. But, it is all the more a disappointment that it is not possible to bring out a correct version. Instead, you are already tinkering on a next new "beta" version... T:ane 2018!

Last edited:
Can you roll back to TANE SP1 HF4 as that seems to be regarded as the best and most stable version? Essentially the TANE equivalent of TS12 49922!

(Sorry my english is not so good...)

Each update brings a little improvement but many more problems.
After last patch SP2 HF1 to version 90945, Tane is spinning even more.

I make a database repair/rebuild after the update. Then I had over 1700 faulty objects. Built-in objects were suddenly modified and was faulty.
Luckily, i could revert it back to original content. But other which was installed by the DLS, was suddenly also faulty. So I has delete this content. And i has re-download and install it.

In some cases, the content are correct in large part. But I had to repair some objects myself, as far as possible.

But it goes even further...

My father has the same problem.
Only, that he had over 2800 faulty objects.

The strange thing is now... objects which we both has installed from the DLs are faulty in tane from my dad. And in order in my tane.

And to put the whole still the crown... if I click "view errors and warnings" in my content manager, by content which are ok. Suddenly this objects are also faulty.

They should have make/drawn a stop-line and saying that is now a complete new version of Trainz.
This Trainz is not compatible to the older versions and content. You make/build something together to make it backward compatible and gived it a new name: "T:ane".

If I were asked, I would have preferred a new version of Trainz, which worked flawlessly. And not a version that only has unnecessary problems.

Also, you can not expect from the content creator, that they always adapt/repair her whole objects for Trainz or Tane. Nobody is perfect. Above all, if there is never give a proper explanation.
And once they have finished with her 300-1000 objects, there is a new Trainz version and they have to adapt everything to the new version again...

We love Tane/Trainz. But, it is all the more a disappointment that it is not possible to bring out a correct version. Instead, you are already tinkering on a next new "beta" version... T:ane 2018!
I do not notice a rise in faulty objects, but that can also be caused that I already had 6200 faulty objects which have mostly attachment/mesh errors or an older speedtree version.
What I notice, is that the kuids under ''Asset ID'' are slightly lighter than the name and status.

Regards,
Marcos

This frustrates me as a beta tester

I have little reason to respond to this thread, but I'm going to anyway.

Why? Because, I test for other companies and see how hard software development really is.

I feel that nobody has any reason to use such language against the developers of what is probably one of the most complete train simulators out here.

They COULD release T:ANE 2018 or whatever they are naming the next version and call it all new and wipe out over 460K assets off of the DLS.

The reason they keep all of those old assets is even if they do not work in game their screenshot and data is preserved on the DLS, a museum, of all the work the Trainz community has put into the game. To throw them all out would be a massive disservice to people. (Nevermind the tons of people who still run old versions of Trainz)

I'm sorry you have so many non working objects, but a long rant on the forum isn't going to help you fix it.

A few possible solutions.

1. If you haven't opened a support ticket on the support website (not the forum) so that a Tech Support engineer can try to help you fix it, then you ranted way too soon on the forum.
--- https://support.trainzportal.com/index.php?/Troubleshooter/List --- Direct link to the ticket creation page.
2. Re-post your topic without condemning words and anger and instead seek answers from the community on "How to repair corrupted assets"
3. Model new assets or import working versions from a non copyrighted or source you have permission from (Google SketchupWarehouse has tons of free copyleft models)

Best wishes man.

The Trainz team doesn't deserve this thread though

Last edited:
I would not recommend using Sketchup exporter for Trainz. You get 50000 polygons with ease, and sometimes the exporter does not exports some textures.
I have used it, and it is good for a phototextured house, but don't think of exporting something with more detail. And it doesn't contain LOD, which sets your max build to 3.5.

Marcos

I would not recommend using Sketchup exporter for Trainz. You get 50000 polygons with ease, and sometimes the exporter does not exports some textures.
I have used it, and it is good for a phototextured house, but don't think of exporting something with more detail. And it doesn't contain LOD, which sets your max build to 3.5.

Marcos

http://www.dhobh.net/trainz/GoogleSketchUp/RubyTMIX.htm - I think I found a solution to that.

The Trainz team doesn't deserve this thread though

I know it's a lot of work.
And I also know that it's not easy to create content.
Everyone has started small...
I don't want to put the Trainz team as evil.

I also wrote, we love Tane.
But still, it makes it seem that it's only getting worse rather than better.

But, I do not always want to repair everything content...

I'm not sure about the getting worse aspect. What's happening is that previously loose restrictions are being tightened so that there's less chance for content to crash the game or make it run really badly.

Shane

I have no problems with the new version of T:ANE. No faulty assets. No missing textures, track, roads, nothing at all. Works fine for me and I have a ten year old computer.

I condemn Auran/N3V

If a customer would say something like this about released software by me and I have and still am working my *** off to try accommodate as many customers I can I would reply to him: "Please, uninstall my software, never think about it again and never contact me again"

Alcaron, no matter what your grievance is, your post is an imposition and you should be condemned.

"Kind" regards,

Ron

I have no problems with the new version of T:ANE. No faulty assets. No missing textures, track, roads, nothing at all. Works fine for me and I have a ten year old computer.

Run an extended database repair. I did and I jumped from 0 to 1600+ faulty assets.

I ran an EDR and had about 2800 faulty assets. I viewed errors and warnings and ended up with 200 faulty assets. Out of those 200 I fixed 190, and deleted the rest. Now I have zero faulty assets.

Reverting to "original" is also an option to fix "faulty" content. I have found some dependencies throw a faulty after a dbr, revert it to original and a lot of the other faulty content is now fixed ie routes or locos etc using that dependency.

To "Condemn" N3V (they are people just like you and I and are not just a label) are trying hard to fix the bugs. They do not deserve such a hostile statement.
There are decent ways of asking or talking about a problem without such hostility.

Reverting to original didn't work on non-DLS assets. Two solutions: deleting all routes/rolling stock now faulty or using a backup. Guess which I choosed? I'll never run a EDBR again. This situation shouldn't happen in a commercial product.

HPL - Saying "I'll never run an EDBR again..." is a bit like an apprentice carpenter saying "I'll never use a hammer again" after his first attempt to nail something split the wood...
It is an indispensable tool and required for the integrity of the content database.
IT doesn't create problem assets - it identifies them for you, to action and resolve, so you can enjoy a smoother and more reliable Trainz experience.

The true number of faulty assets is around 6000. The number any user will see depends on the number of assets downloaded from the DLS. The faults, as others have pointed out, are the result of later versions of Trainz tightening the validation of assets.

N3V fix their own assets. The remaining faulty assets available on the DLS are being fixed by their original authors or by the Content Repair Group. Several thousand assets have already been repaired and updated. CRG repairs follow a very strict process and that process works very well. But it does take time.

The new validation rules are not intended to break the game but rather improve it through more efficient assets. Those broken assets usually still work in their original Trainz build, but they don't work in TANE.

BTW, the TS18 build being looked at by the TrainzDev group is not a beta. It barely works at all. The TrainzDev folk only have it so they can experiment with the new PBR materials.

The OP was expressing an opinion, one that we don't have to agree with and one that should have been expressed better (but he stated that he has problems with English) and more diplomatically. He did not really express anything that I have not seen posted in these forums over the years. Rants from customers who have a grievance (real, imagined, or based on ignorance) are common events and usually reach a peak whenever a new version or an update is released. "The previous version was the best one so why did they stuff it up with this heap of garbage?".

We have seen calls for the CEO to be sacked, threats of legal action and boycotts, or worse. Who would ever want to work in "customer relations"?

I am thankful that the staff at Auran/N3V have developed a thick skin/deaf ear/blind eye and continue to work for the betterment of a great product.

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

IT doesn't create problem assets - it identifies them for you, to action and resolve, so you can enjoy a smoother and more reliable Trainz experience.

No thanks, I bought the game to play, not to waste my time trying to fix it.

We have seen calls for the CEO to be sacked, threats of legal action and boycotts, or worse. Who would ever want to work in "customer relations"?

I am thankful that the staff at Auran/N3V have developed a thick skin/deaf ear/blind eye and continue to work for the betterment of a great product.

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

A company has to listen to their customers. You can't run a successful business by ignoring criticism, cause that's not how a product gets better. N3V hasn't listened to certain criticisms and it's only hurting them and Trainz.

Last edited:
Back