Trainz: Model Railroad 2017 and trainz a new era: difference ??

cazzarone

excuse me but what is the difference between Trainz: Model Railroad 2017 and trainz a new era?
I prefer a program for the "construction" of railway models ...

I haven't bought TMR (I might if it popped up cheap as chips in a Steam sale) but from what people have posted it's essentially TANE code with specific content aimed at the model railway user. Nothing was optimized in the core game to make this more adaptable to the needs of building a route/layout in constrained space.

Excessive use of digholes in TMR2017,;) different Content pack, TMR2017 is for model railways and is now behind TANE in development.

Model Railways don't appeal to every one, I'm not a fan but some like the concept and some don't and prefer to create protypical routes in TANE.

I have both and use TMR17 more......I use other train sim programs for "prototypical" operations and use both TANE and TMR17 for the MRR aspect.......ironically I will be releasing some videos of "proto ops" on my Modified BNSF Pioneer & Freedom Layout shortly...:D

One other point I would like to point out is although I have redone several versions of the Brazemore Yard Layout and Pioneer & Freedom, you will find one consistency that is not in most Tane routes and that is the consistency in scenery. I take a lot of time in locating the buildings and vehicles you find in my TMR17 modded layouts. They are uniform and look like they belong together whereas unfortunately on most routes that are "prototypical" in TANE you get washed out colors or buildings that have that "brand new" unweathered paint job that stand out like a sore thumb even though the route itself is quite good....plus I can add more detail since the layouts are smaller.
But make no mistake even though they may be smaller, you get a lot of operational possibilities with my modded versions. Even more than what some of the original versions offered including operating block signals.

Last edited:
And a last couple.... People can say what they want as far as TMR17 is concerned but remember its not quantity but quality when it comes to layout/route construction.

Last edited:
Back