Pantograph configuration

MF01

Doing MP parisian subway
Hello everyone,

I added a pantograph to a double decker cab car to a EMU but the problem is that it doesn't go up or down ! Can anyone help me please ?

Thank in advance

I added a pantograph to a double decker cab car to a EMU but the problem is that it doesn't go up or down ! Can anyone help me please ?
The likely problem is that you made a mistake in adding it. But without knowing the vehicle, the pantograph and exactly what changes you made to 'add' it then anything else is just guesswork.

I added the pantograph kuid in the config.txt but it doesn't show up so I added the "default" from the panto config.txt into the mesh-table of the cab-car

I added the pantograph kuid in the config.txt but it doesn't show up so I added the "default" from the panto config.txt into the mesh-table of the cab-car
Don't make people guess. What vehicle? What pantograph? What changes to what files (exactly, not a general description).

The train is a Nippon Sharyo Control Car 8500 and the panto a NEX - Brecknell Willis Hspeed Pantograph. I added these lines under the mesh-table of the Nippon:

{
mesh "bw high speed pan.im"
auto-create 1
anim "anim.kin"
position 0,10,4.5
}

Hope you'll finaly understand.

The train is a Nippon Sharyo Control Car 8500 and the panto a NEX - Brecknell Willis Hspeed Pantograph.
Can't see any such asset on the DLS. If that asset was supplied by a third party then your enquiries should be directed to them.

Have you confirmed that the vehicle mesh has a a.pant0 attachment point? That is the correct way to connect a pantograph and ensure that it works. You might be able to get it to work using a mesh table entry, but it's still going to need an attachment point, and you will need a script to activate the animation. But in any case it should not be under default: that will already be there for the main mesh.

Start with the standard pantograph setup - a proper attachment point and the pantograph tag. Only consider a mesh table entry if you can't get that to work.

Can't see any such asset on the DLS. If that asset was supplied by a third party then your enquiries should be directed to them.

Have you confirmed that the vehicle mesh has a a.pant0 attachment point? That is the correct way to connect a pantograph and ensure that it works. You might be able to get it to work using a mesh table entry, but it's still going to need an attachment point, and you will need a script to activate the animation. But in any case it should not be under default: that will already be there for the main mesh.

Start with the standard pantograph setup - a proper attachment point and the pantograph tag. Only consider a mesh table entry if you can't get that to work.

I'm a little surprised the pantograph isn't cycling continuously the way he has it set up now. Agreed, first thing is to find/create an a.pant0 attachment point and a pantograph tag identifying his desired pantograph asset by KUID. Looking on the bright side, he's determined the correct location for the a.pant0 attachment point already, which can sometimes be a trial.

@MF01 - You're doing well, just a couple more steps as @SailorDan described.

Last edited:
Back