What are the Options for Loading and Unloading at Industries?

crisger

RR Mod Maker
I have a route to make sessions for that has logging camps and mills. I plan to send the logging train to the camps for logs and back to the mill to unload. I understand how to direct the train when i do an AI version ...Navigate to, and track marker for camp, LOAD Command, however i just want to load one car at each camp.

For the manual version, i understand i can request the player to Load by "hand" using the click on the car and choose from Load pop up ..we have loads prepared already and the cars are programed as is are the camps with the MIN track. I think there may be an option to automatically load a designated car or all of them as well, but not sure about that.

will use same proceedure for cattle cars.

any tips?

when i get the train back to the Mill i plan to just stop it at a UNLOAD trigger and stop with that. not going to try to mess with scoring.

suggestions very welcome

Chris

The automatic loading is pretty much the same as using passenger enabled stations in your other thread about using "Navigate To".

The only real difference is that both the industry and the wagons must be configured for loading and/or unloading the same commodity - this is automatic with passenger stations and passenger cars. Use "Navigate To <name of industry>" followed by "Load" (or "Unload"). Unlike passenger cars, both loading and unloading are separate operations. To do both you will have to pass the cars through the industry a second time.

You could have each car accept only one type of log, each logging camp produce one type of log, so that when the train arrives only one car will accept the type of log the camp is producing.

Then setup the mill to accept all the types of logs you have set up for the cars and camps. Easy Peasy

OK thank you both much appreciated that solves the problems and gives me all of the info that i needed and a neat way to do the logs and loading thanks a lot.

here is the logging train off to the mill
hBuKHW.jpg

You could take a look at the driver command InstantLoadAtFocus. This loads only the car with the focus. It has to be configured to take the load, of course.

HI ok i will.

all of our cars are set for any of our loads, our Trainmaster Bob (DennR) did a great job on our load library and i just have to set the camps and mill MIN track trigger for the right stuff. that focus thingy sounds very useful.

thanks

Chris

Back