How to make a large business sign on a post.

JonMyrlennBailey

I made "Don's Diesel Stop" from two 8 x 2 warehouse signs, sans brackets, positioned back to back (at opposite degrees of rotation so the sign's text is double-sided) with a little gap in between, a piece of cablebox spline (the base of the sign in gray) and the 10m dark wall spline, a very short length, about 2-foot long vertex end to vertex end, cross-section-wise, to make the tall post from the ground. This was done because there are no such ready-made content signs for download which one can add his own text. The 20 x 4 warehouse signs are also available for longer lines of text.

Look at how high the sign is compared with the commercial vehicles (the semi trucks and the Greyhound bus) at the fuel station filling pumps below. The fuel pump island is an asset readily available. The rather-thick sign post is positioned on the island between the two pumps. I used no-pole streetlights to mount on opposite sides of the custom sign post so diesel fuel can be pumped and tire pressures checked at night. Should I adjust the sign to make it lower or does Don want his sign to be seen a mile away by drivers of thirsty buses and trucks on my route?
9iz1o8.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, looks great.

Does anyone know how to easily save a collection of assets like this sign so it can be placed in other routes without having to put all the pieces together again? Or do you have to use a development tool like Blender or GMax to do it?

Or do you have to use a development tool like Blender or GMax to do it?
You use Attachment Maker to create attachment points as required, and then you specify the asset to be attached at that attachment point. No changes to any mesh are required. Or you reskin an existing asset. The method that OP has used is far too difficult.

The OP does not know how to use any content creation software. He can only "fabricate" things in Surveyor that others have made with their "off-the-shelf parts" OR he can modify some things in script files.

Back