Sierra Railway 3 from the Erecting Hall

shebashetan7

Hello all, I recently found a Trainz edition of the whistle used by Central Pacific No. 131/Sierra Railway #3, the 4-6-0 used to push the Delorean up to 88 MPH in Back to The Future Part 3.
The Erecting Hall once had a top-notch model of this fine engine. The page is still there, however it appears the link has been replaced with text that states that it is "out for a rebuild."
n8phu_20150405_0000.jpg

Anyone care to explain what happened to the download, and why it is not available? I am thinking that it has been upgraded to better standard, but it has been quite a while now.

It is being replaced with a proper model of the #3. The model pictured is just a kitbashed 4-6-0.

Yes and no. The old one is built from Ben Neals ng 4-6-0 with his permission. I have since built a new model. Just havent had time to do anything with it.

Have you thought of doing No. 113 version from Back to the Future III, while creating a custom mesh for #3, the "Movie Star" loco?

Would that mean that the version with tires to push the Delorean would use the same system used by K&L Trainz to hide/show smoke deflectors?

Trainman what is going to happen with your steam locomotives that were pulled from TEH? I happen to have your 2-8-0 pack that I downloaded when it was up. Will the Sierra 3 ever be rereleased?

Back