Is it possible to edit Payware

Depends. If it is a piece of DLC from the official store, chances are that it is locked; you are not able to make local changes to the asset. Content that the distribution of is controlled by N3V; it is a product of the 3rd-party/N3V partnership or was created in-house, is locked. You will not be able to use or edit the content that is locked until confirmation of payment is received. Regarding payware purchased from sites that operate independently of N3V's partnership program; K&L Trainz or Paulz Trainz, you have more freedom in tailoring them to your liking, because the content is not distributed by the company.

I recently bought Coal Country from the Trainz Store, when it was on sale, as I didn't know there would be a difference between that and the version from Jointed Rail (the ability to edit the route).

If I was to purchase the version from Jointed Rail, would I be able to install it over the top of the version I currently have, and get access to the route?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Piere.

If you purchase from Jointed Rail it is editable. If you purchase through Trainz store it is not editable. You only need to pay the purchase price listed from Jointed Rail.

Still trying to get an answer about this.

Go to www.jointedrail.com
Create an account if you need to.
Purchase the route via credit card or PayPal

You'll then be able to download the content and route, which will be in CDP files.

Since you've already purchased the version from N3V, you'll need to delete the packages that have
SC444 in the folder name

This is located in your T:ANE data directory wherever that is. You can determine where this by starting T:ANE and at the Launcher, click on settings and then on the Install tab.

In the space will be the path. Mine is in F:/TANE_DATA for example. Yours could be in C:/Users/*YOUR LOGIN*/App Data/Local/N3V Games/TANE/Build xxxxx/

The Build xxxxxx is some directory with letters and numbers.

After you get the path, close the settings and the Launcher.

Once you go to the Build xxxxxx, open the Packages directory, and delete the SC444 folders. (There could be more than one as in SC444, SC444a, SC444b, etc.).

Start up T:ANE.

At the Launcher, run a database repair.

Install your Jointed Rail version. If you have any content that is open for edit, revert to original.

Now for a warning:

If you look at out of date content in Content Manager, your Coal Country will show up as out of date. Do not update that route.

Go to www.jointedrail.com
Create an account if you need to.
Purchase the route via credit card or PayPal

You'll then be able to download the content and route, which will be in CDP files.

Since you've already purchased the version from N3V, you'll need to delete the packages that have
SC444 in the folder name

This is located in your T:ANE data directory wherever that is. You can determine where this by starting T:ANE and at the Launcher, click on settings and then on the Install tab.

In the space will be the path. Mine is in F:/TANE_DATA for example. Yours could be in C:/Users/*YOUR LOGIN*/App Data/Local/N3V Games/TANE/Build xxxxx/

The Build xxxxxx is some directory with letters and numbers.

After you get the path, close the settings and the Launcher.

Once you go to the Build xxxxxx, open the Packages directory, and delete the SC444 folders. (There could be more than one as in SC444, SC444a, SC444b, etc.).

Start up T:ANE.

At the Launcher, run a database repair.

Install your Jointed Rail version. If you have any content that is open for edit, revert to original.

Now for a warning:

If you look at out of date content in Content Manager, your Coal Country will show up as out of date. Do not update that route.

Thank you for the warning. Have not purchased yet.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JCitron

Modifying its KUID in Config.txt makes the game believe it is up-to-date.

The route and three sessions all show "out-of-date" so if you modify the route do the sessions too.

Bob​

Blog this Post

Modifying its KUID in Config.txt makes the game believe it is up-to-date.

Yeah I forgot the sessions when I was posting the directions above.

But I'm not sure if the user wants to up-version the route and sessions he purchased. Eventually Jointed Rail, aka Scratchy, may update their version to 2.0 and it then would be difficult to install. It wouldn't be impossible, but difficult.

Back