How to make a AI main Player Train in Session with "Navigate to..."

crisger

RR Mod Maker
I am hoping to make several "automatic" Sessions where the player can "ride" along with the train from station to station.

My doubt is on how to set up the "Navigate to.." command physically in the Map and Surveyor.

I am assuming we have to place the marker and then program it by clicking on the destination with another marker or by clicking on the location...but how do we do that if we have to navigate around the map by clicking? wont that send the train off into the landscape where we first click to move the camera view? i don't know of any way to send the map view or a camera view automatically to a station location....or if the command to go to a station can be put into the Session rules list by name?

i hope to have the sequence be

Navigate to> Load (at the station ), Navigate to > Next Station-Load, Navigate to... STOP

thanks for advice on this if possible.

Chris

You set up the route by placing named trackmarks - hopefully using names that are easy for you to remember.

Then you enter Surveyor Main Menu --> Edit Session and select the Driver Setup icon and click Edit

Select your driver, assign him/her the locomotive that will be driving around the layout.

Then the fun begins.

1. Click on the ">>" icon (below the name of the selected locomotive) and select "Navigate to Trackmark" from the pop-out list and select the required trackmark from the next pop-out list (which, if you have a lot of trackmarks, may require you to select the starting letter, e.g. "A-F" first).
  2. Repeat for all the trackmarks around your layout.

If the train will stop at a station to load then it can become a bit more complex. If you are using Passenger Enabled stations then use "Navigate To (name of station)" instead of "Navigate to Trackmark" and follow this with a "Load" command. If you are using trackmarks at non Passenger Enabled stations then there will be no automatic loading so follow the "Navigate to Trackmark" with a "WaitFor (seconds/minutes)" command.

Last edited:
wonderful that is just what i needed thanks again

i have passenger enabled stations so will use the Navigate to command

thanks again

chris

Back