Does anyone still use the old Appalachia route by John Keenan?

First I gotta ask... does anyone still use the old unfinished John Keenan "Appalachia" route on their computer?I have a question about the switching setup when turning into the Trallee Mine coming from the East.

If nobody still has this route, this might be the world's shortest thread !!! Thanks,Bob P.

As it happens I had this on my computer till yeterday, removed as I haven't played for ages.
I just reloaded it and it shows Trallee as abandoned with trackmaks blocking access.
What did you want to know?
Cheers,
Mike

On my version of the map, the prospection for coal was successful and Tralee has reopened. :)

Regards
Swordfish

I just drove this route last night, after a long layoff. It is one of those routes where I just enjoy the scenery, and how it "feels". Over the years I have fixed the few unconnected tracks at some of the mines. And made some scenery additions on my clone of it.

The industry tracks at the Tralee mine are PL_Coal. And I had to connect them to the tracks.The switch to the long sweeping track that enters the mine from the East, only worked backwards. I believe I tried flipping the switch around, and also changing the direction arrows, but there were still problems.Then there are quickly two switches (very close together) that choose between Tralee 1 or 2.

Right now, as I approach the mine, I have to remember that this is Tralee, and the switch on the west bound track going into it only works backwards.

On my modified version, I eliminated the third Track (which had no industry on it). I did this to cut down on the number of switches.

Another problem is, if I set the switches manually, I can drive the trains to the industry tracks, load correctly, And continue on properly.. But if I tell a driver to go to either one of the industry tracks, they will not go at all..and the the switches will not change to the proper positions.

It's just one of those things that always disappoints, that's why I'm asking here!

Swordfish, where did you get your improved version? Was it still on the Trainz Pro Routes website or forum?

Thanks fellows, Bob P.

As far as I know, the improved version is not original, but made by me.

Be careful, in the vincinity of Tralee there are yellow direction-markers. They could be the reason, why you could not enter a track in the "wrong" direction.

Regards
Swordfish

Situation solved! I deleted the yellow direction makers, and the drivers are allowed to go to either one of the load tracks and load up!I did not know that yellow trackmarks can stop a train (this was a very important fact to learn) !!!

Thanks Mike, and Swordfish for explaining it !!!Now for the next question ... Why is the main switch pointing green (toward the left) (for bypassing Tralee), yet the trains go right toward the mine? Best wishes, Robert P.

Usually what I do to fix that problem is to take out all the tracks and relay from an earlier spline point.
It was a problem with older versions.
I actually had a switch do it last night in TS10.
Cheers,
Mike

Since you guys gave me the "delete the trackmarks" idea,

I'll stick with putting a Trackmark named "Tralee Bypass" on the track that goes around Tralee Mine!And make sure I tell the driver to drive via that.

Maybe I'll try some track surgery at a later date!

Thanks Guys (and Thanks Bob, for saving me from the world's shortest thread)!!

Back