Computer Problems

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
worked out what was wrong with my computer, after going to see Harvey Normal and still having problems...

ended up hitting the help but in Windows and spending 6.5 hours on line with them, in the end I found out my problem was this little laptop is not compatible with version 1705 and the new update 1709, so its been reverted and locked at 1703.

Tom

You haven't had that laptop long if I remember correctly and it's still being sold.
Should have gone to Ten Forums they can get most incompatible with Win10 computers updated and or working properly.

Your deletion of your post above from the General forum made my comment below non-sequitur there, so I repeat it below here too:

tdstead - My sympathies and commiseration. Had that issue with an older 15" Toshiba Satellite L850 which I use solely for corporate presentations and public speaking engagements.
It originally launched with Windows 8.1 and I upgraded it to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period.
After a couple of Windows 10 refreshes, it started to play up very badly. After many reinstallations and troubleshooting sessions, countless hours online and on the phone to the heroic Microsoft and Toshiba customer support teams, we reset it to one of the earlier Windows 10 builds.
Unfortunately, that too proved unstable. Turns out that particular (regional variant of the) Satellite was never built to support Windows 10.
In the end, I resorted to using one of my forgotten and unused OEM DVD versions of Windows 8.1 to get the whole thing back to stable and reliable once again.
As a long-term Windows Insider, I am reminded everyday just how fabulous the Windows 10 OS has become, especially when I have to fire up that laptop running 8.1.

Malc - Finally got around to registering for the 10 Forums that you have mentioned many times before. Perhaps if I had done so earlier, then maybe I wouldn't have had to revert to 8.1 with that laptop. :eek:
PC

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, found out from a radio club member who is a computer tech that 1709 was the full Creative update, its basically windows plus another half again, just too powerful probly for a lot of the machines that got the upgrade.

Tom

Tom, I find it hard to believe that if the spec of your machine is that which you quote in your posts it is incapable of supporting the Windows 10 Creative update when I successfully installed it first time on a six year old AMD E1 laptop with a fraction of the power/capability. However that said I've had no end of issues trying to install it on other machines with apparent locking up being the most common issue. I have found through trial and error and a few hours with my head in Google, deleting the update cache and/or running in Safe Mode has gone a long way to resolving issues although not all. Peter

Back