Article: New video - Parallax (Height- mapped) Ground Textures

WOW!!! Plowed fields... that actually look plowed! Mud... after the rains! Quit impressive Tony!!! :udrool:

I wonder how much MORE does the recommended hardware slow down? That has to be using more resources.

All this expose of the graphics capability is well and good but... can we bear in mind this is first and foremost a train and railway simulation. It would be good to hear how N3V and the team are planning to address that aspect, in particular where the product lacks behind its competitors. If I had a choice between fuzzy grass or an accurate simulation of vacuum or stepped braking I would take the latter, along with proper built in despatching/signalman, path finding etc. for the player train along with a timetable mode. Not saying we need Run 8 level of physics or the Zusi level of timetable and signalling logic but something between that and where the product is at the moment would be nice.

Along with fixing the issues in TANE which SP2 HF1 seems to have broken, if that is the base on which the new product is being built...

[...]can we bear in mind this is first and foremost a train and railway simulation[...]
I'm in total agreement with Vern :) !
And let's not forget a real catenary system with pants following catenary's height, and improved electric locomotives sounds ;) ...
Cheers,
Philippe

And improvements (fixes) in the procedural track- crossings and slips, complex junctions etc. Currently I have chunks of track with the sleepers missing.

This is very impressive. I think they will get to more accurate simulation soon. :) Also this will just put Trainz over the top. Keep up the good work. Also I think if a computer had the recommended specs for Trainz 2010 then A computer like that might just maybe run it? I hope it could. Because from the looks of it,I would like it as one of the next.

Dear n3v:
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
seriously, you guys have outdone yourselves once again. Nvidia really has payed off teaming with you. This is why I support Nvidia and not AMD!

This looks fantastic! I was blown away at the interior of that rail bus from the last video and this just looks fantastic! I had no idea that you (N3V) had teamed up with Nividia, that was probably THE best decision ever! It is great to see improvement to the environment of the game. Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see what the rolling stock and locos will look like, sound like, move like and so on in the game!

I do hope that Trainz 2018 gets a very big push and these videos is exactly what it looks like, but there are a lot of idling users like me that we're still hoping for a change in the simulation part (when I left Trainz, trains in curves behaved horrible with some other minor things) and in the sound system, electric trains do still sound horrible, they sound as if they were configured as diesel engines, same goes for steam engines. If this gets improved, I'm really willing to buy the new TRS.

Have a wonderful new year 2018!

Back