Screenshot of The Week: December 7 to December 14 2017 (Point Of View)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

We go through our daily lives without too much thought about the systems that make the world go round, especially a perspective from behind the scenes (or controls). This week's theme is Point Of View. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on December 14 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

On another note for something Tony and I have discussed recently, can we have a quick show of hands who would be interested in a 2018 Trainz calendar (do people still use these? lol) featuring the top-voted SSoTW submissions from the past 12 months? Permission will be sought from the creators to use their images as such or next-best alternatives sought. It would cost about $10-15 to cover printing and shipping charges only and will be sent out in time for the new year. I'll get to work once we hit 20 confirmed orders. Please email service@ccrx.us titled "2018 Calendar - [username]" to indicate your interest or further questions regarding this little project. I am aiming to finalize orders by 17th December and have them printed and shipped by the 23rd. Spread the word to someone you think might be interested in this as well.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Last edited:
A bird's eye view...

Birds-eye-view-on-things.jpg

f99d160d41c03b9a7e2c5813360ec181.jpg

The LE&E's company photographer is certainly very cold, but braving the snow and the ice, he's managed to snap this shot of a pair of Alco PAs that have just arrived on the property in December, 1947.

The point of view from the platelayer gang.

The point of view from the platelayer gang in 1960 as a BR Class 105 DMU heads for Darlington from Crook. The DMU has just emerged from the southern end of Shildon tunnel.

Some real beauts, my favorites are bordereiver for the peaceful atmosphere and tranplayer14 for the very interesting point of view and good detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not over yet!

Passengers watch on as CA&L P-4 #4627 marches out of the yard with a freight. Due to their impressive power, the P-4s could occasionally be found on freight trains, usually faster merchandise trains but once in a while on a regular run-of-the-mill freight.

-Ben

Submissions are now closed. There are 15 entries so please vote for up to 2. Voting ends December 21; please post your votes below.

Back