Schedule rule

Ghost42

In the past I have delivered coal etc to industries whether they needed it or not.
I have set up a coalmine, diesel depot and power plant session hoping to deliver diesel and coal as required.
I am trying to use the Schedule Rule to no avail.
Is there a detailed guide to using the rule or could someone help out?
There are two settings, destination and trackmark, destination is easy but trackmark? Waiting with a full load maybe but how do you reload?
Baffled Rog
T:ane SP2

Do you mean the Schedule Library?

If this is what you mean:

Ensure this is in your Session.
You will find this under the rules and is built-in
. It appears at the top in edit session along with Edit Drivers, etc.

Once it's there, edit that. Create a new schedule and it's the same as adding driver commands directly for the driver.

After your schedule is created, you use the Copy Commands from and Insert... From Library, then pick schedule name.

I usually put in a Wait... 20 secs before the Copy Commands to give simulation a chance to initialize.

I use the Resource Verify Rule (fixed) <kuid:160293:10060> with Driver Schedule Rule <kuid2:82445:90001:9> as a child rule. It works great.

Do you mean the Schedule Library?

If this is what you mean:

Ensure this is in your Session.
You will find this under the rules and is built-in
. It appears at the top in edit session along with Edit Drivers, etc.

Once it's there, edit that. Create a new schedule and it's the same as adding driver commands directly for the driver.

After your schedule is created, you use the Copy Commands from and Insert... From Library, then pick schedule name.

I usually put in a Wait... 20 secs before the Copy Commands to give simulation a chance to initialize.

Ah, excellent, someone to the rescue, I hadn't a clue what I was doing - thanks I'll get on with that and report back if any problems.
Rog

Downloaded and tried the the Schedule Library to no avail, on to next, set up the Driver Schedule, gave it commands and assigned the driver, downloaded Resource Verify Rule (fixed), watch industry queue, target, coal_in, coal, amount 20000, complete when queue falls below required amount.
Power Plant coal is set at 20secs supply so I take it that I should get a response in a short time which I don't.
Doing something wrong here I take it.

Is the Driver Schedule rule placed as a child rule to the Resource Verify Rule (fixed). You could DL my route and session <kuid2:394799:100086:1> Sea Port
<kuid2:394799:100088:1> Ship Yard Work and take a look at it.

Is the Driver Schedule rule placed as a child rule to the Resource Verify Rule (fixed). You could DL my route and session <kuid2:394799:100086:1> Sea Port
<kuid2:394799:100088:1> Ship Yard Work and take a look at it.
Thanks, I'll do that, though I think I have Sea Port already.

I use ShedMaster. It allows you to set commodity levels for an industry and send a consist to pick-up or drop-off a commodity. Check it out.

Yes, I did have Seaport, I have it merged onto my pet route (private) Excellent piece of work.
After studying the many schedules in the session I am sure I have mine set up correct, but no go.
When I go into drive the drivers do not seem to be allocated, I have go to into Quickdrive to do this and also only one of the two consists show a schedule. Clicking on it reads 'Drive Schedule' with no detail, which may be correct of course.
Don't want to lose the work done so far so will make a another session using ShedMaster.

Made a separate session with just one consist, used CopyFrom, insert, schedule now showing but still no-go, after two days trying I am beaten, if only you could pass these around as I do when programming.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you can not get it to work. Wish there was some why I could look at it for you. From time to time I have problems getting something to work and it can be real frustrating.

I use ShedMaster. It allows you to set commodity levels for an industry and send a consist to pick-up or drop-off a commodity. Check it out.

I looked for this and did not see it on the DL.

Last edited:
Hi

Shedmaster is available free from the PLL website http://www.potteriesloopline.co.uk/ under Shedmaster on the left hand side but it only works with the modified PLL industries. It is possible to modify other industries to work with it if you know what you're doing with scripting.

There is another way of having industries control train movements by using variables and conditional driver commands in conjunction with the Resource Verify Rule (fixed). They are all on the DLS and are by trev999.

Regards

Brian

First thing I noticed is the “Driver Schedule” rule has to be made a child rule. Click on it then click on the right arrow in the low right corner of the screen. This will move it on step to the right.

Also make sure there are no commands in “Driver Setup” for that driver. He will get them from the “Driver Schedule” rule. Also in the driver schedule rule use the “Copy Commands From” command instead of the “Drive Schedule”.

Wow, it would be nice to have this information to somehow be part of the rule so everyone could use the rule properly. I bet there are many rules that would be of high value to the customers of N3V but remained unused due to no information about their use. As one of the USA Presidents has said SAD.
Dick

I am nearly there I believe :) Did get the consist to deliver, however the only way to operate copycommandsfrom is by going into driver and ticking the box in quickdrive then adding the schedule.
I notice that in your 'driver schedule rule' that it is an option and is done from there.
Still not doing something right, thanks for the help so far,

Now have copycommandsfrom enabled in surveyor but and in driver schedule, but whenin driver it does not show, have to insert from there.
Rog

Last edited:
Wow, it would be nice to have this information to somehow be part of the rule so everyone could use the rule properly. I bet there are many rules that would be of high value to the customers of N3V but remained unused due to no information about their use. As one of the USA Presidents has said SAD.
Dick

After further experimentation, scrapping the original session and starting afresh it now works well.
Never done it before but I will publish and name it under rule name.
This will revolutionize my main project, no more consists loading willy-nilly.
You are quite correct that many a creators work is under-used and simple working examples are what is needed.
Thanks all for your help.
Rog

Back