Can I install (and run) my copy of TANE on my Dekstop and Laptop at the same time

FootplatePhil

Trainz Tragic since 2002
Hi,

I am considering buying a laptop to supplement my TANE desktop. My plan is to use one for development, while testing route changes and sessions on the other. As the laptop would have lower spec than the desktop a secondary benefit would be being able to test route performance on a less capable config.

My question is, do I need to buy another copy of TANE, or can I install (and use) my current copy on the new laptop at the same time as its installed (and in use) on my desktop? There would still only be a single user (me).

Phil (I'm in Australia)

In a word, "Yes". (to the proposition of having one instance of your T:ANE installation on your laptop and another on your desktop, for the purposes you've outlined).
It's as easy as COPYING your current build, including your User Data Files over to the laptop and logging in by signing in from there. (The trick later, is to maintain strict understanding of what is developmental and what is to remain permanent).

Last edited:
I'm not too sure on the using at the same time side though - it would have to do a server check on load which may prevent that.

Shane

I'm not too sure on the using at the same time side though - it would have to do a server check on load which may prevent that.

Shane

I guess I could always go off-line while testing.

I did wonder if the server might object to me connecting/switching between two different pc's over a short period of time.

Phil

Shane

You can use two PC's running TANE there is no issue in closing it one one PC and opening immediately on another, I use three for testing purposes and they will all happily run, even at the same time, not that I'd normally do that. No problem switching between. Three being to test my route is playable on different spec computers.

There is no server check.....

You can use two PC's running TANE there is no issue in closing it one one PC and opening immediately on another, I use three for testing purposes and they will all happily run, even at the same time, not that I'd normally do that. No problem switching between. Three being to test my route is playable on different spec computers.

There is no server check.....

Thankyou for the clarification Malc - I was unsure if the DRM would affect it.

Shane

Back