Introducing myself (again) and Rocktown my first layout

Besides, if we wanted realism to the extreme, we'd get Train Sim by Dovetail (which I own because I like both simulators) and MSTS. Trainz has realism too, but it's more loose with it, and I prefer that for TRS, as opposed to TS or MSTS.

The stuff out of Train Sim is extreme, it's perfect photorealism.

The reason I fell in love with Trainz is that feel of looking at a real model railway or even something you threw together in your basement one day with some extra wood and a few old model trains laying in a box.

I must say my graphics card handles this game much nicer too on max settings.

Rocktown v5

(subject to edits and changes)

The map is starting to come together pretty nicely.

The bottom half of the grid square has been filled with models and track and so now I need to move onto the upper half of the grid square.

Tracks to form a circuit within the village
More roads
A large residential area which will take up an entire gridsquare
More terraforming

Any other ideas please let me know. Will start building tomorrow after ample time for brainstorming.

The Rocktown Railroad reminds me of the Seasontown Railroad TUME has made for the game. Granted, there are differences, but, still it's a great route and reminds me of that one.

With regards to splines and 90 degree turns, use the SHIFT key. You're welcome. Lol

:)

Thanks man, I'll be redoing all of the fences as part of the V6 update

And the roads, and the bloody roads! Plenty of splines to rework this weekend!

V5 is final and is looking pretty good, just sent it out to DLS and will post links and screenshots tomorrow, I'm beat. Night everyone!

Last edited:
The Rocktown Railroad reminds me of the Seasontown Railroad TUME has made for the game. Granted, there are differences, but, still it's a great route and reminds me of that one.

Thank you, I am rather surprised to receive this compliment on my very first layout.

Guess all the time spent on YouTube watching videos of model trains wasn't a total waste! :D

Alright, I'm serious this time, goodnight!

Here it is Rocktown v5 DLS link

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/YC_preview_viewasset.php?AssetID=491568

Known issues: Spline fences and roads need fixing. Passenger train car stable 2 doorway is not wide enough

Version 6 workup plans are as follows and are subject to change.

1. Fix the roads (done)
2. Fix the fences (done)
3. Add some trees by the residences (in progress)
4. Added a small logging area called "Woodies Wood mill" (done)
5. Added a bunch of subtle scenery tweaks like trees and terraforming in new areas. (in progress)

Version 6 will be mostly small enhancements and improvements.

Version 7 will be a major new content update with a new land square going in!

Last edited:
Screenshot update + It's Northgate now!

First of all I would like to thank
PereMarquette1225fan
for the encouragement to keep going on this.

From this point on all naming conventions of the layout will be using Northgate as the name.

The layout was originally named after a friend of mine who is no longer a friend. Not going to go into the whole story. Just enjoy the layout.

ItsNotRocktown V1 will be on DLS tonight or tomorrow, a link will be added to this thread.

Back