Tennessee & Eastern Railway

trainman7616

Western Maryland Addict
This thread will be used for either screenshots, information on the history of the T&E, or locomotives currently being built for the railroad. Nothing in this thread will be for release

To start off with is a 2-8-2 Mikado I am currently building for the railway.

The Tennessee & Eastern used the mikado's on the North West end of the line that runs from Nashville, TN to Hopkinsville, KY. They were used for mixed freight and occassionally, passenger trips.

These engines were built by the Tennessee & Eastern shops in Cooke, TN in 1915. The engines would get upgrades over their lifetime before their final days in 1958.

rkhgoCm.jpg

The look for all my engines is Western Maryland/C&O/B&O based yet ran in Tennessee.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Regarding the Tennessee and Eastern's route between Nashville and Hopkinsville, KY, I especially look forward to reading about any verbal exchanges or skirmishes they would've traded with the Tennessee Central. Their Western Division must've been a stones throw from T&E's right of way for most of the way there. :p

Very interesting. Regarding the Tennessee and Eastern's route between Nashville and Hopkinsville, KY, I especially look forward to reading about any verbal exchanges or skirmishes they would've traded with the Tennessee Central. Their Western Division must've been a stones throw from T&E's right of way for most of the way there. :p

Heh actually, in this universe. The Tennessee Central was replaced by the existance of the Tennessee & Eastern.

nice looking 2-8-2 Mikado you have there and the history of the T&E Railroad is a interesting railroad and the history that goes with it.

Sweet lookin’ mike! I also quite like what you’ve done with the flags, lol. Keep up the good work!

-Ben

Thanks guys. Im thinkin of possibly either having the Rebel flag and American flag, or having 1 rebel flag and 1 Tennessee flag. Hm. Tennessee during the 1940s.

"Nothing in this thread will be for release" ?~!

It's kind of like a Wikipedia article then? Just for information?

I’d say either American flag and Confederate flag or two American flags. But the great thing about fictionals, whatever you choose is accurate! Lol

-Ben

Had you not said things posted here weren't to be released, I'd have asked about that Mikado. But then again, I've a soft spot for 2-8-2s. Looks like you borrowed some CN influence with that enclosed cab though. And the flag on the boiler is a very nice touch.

Nice Mike-a-doo. I had trouble telling where the headlight was placed so I thought you were basing this off the C&O's Kanawha's with headlight location. Anyways excellent work with this one Chance. Cannot wait to see more.

Back