Gone

Bill69

I've had enough, I am out of Trainz for a while at least. I might come back I don't know, but for now I have had enough.

Hope you all enjoy the hassles that come along with every update.

Bill69

Good luck on your travels

I understand your frustration, but want to remind you that nobody forces you to update.
For example: after seeing the hail storm on forum after TS12 SP1 release decided to stay on build 49922 for a while waiting out the next release of Trainz (which turned out to be TANE). I am currently on TANE SP1 (and the few hours a month I get to play it still enjoying that) while I wait for the dust to settle after the SP2 "hotfix" 1 (which in my opinion should have been called either "coldfix 1" or SP3, but I digress) before I decide to run the whole backup process and upgrade.

In the world of software there are two (well... more, but for this example let's stick to two) groups of people:
- The early adopters who get the joy of new features, but also the crap of bugs that come with it.
- Those who stay a version (or update) behind, don't get the new features but also not the bugs that come with it.
Yes, the world of software; this problem is not specific for the world of Trainz only.

I work for a software company myself. We have a lot less problems with our software releases compared to N3V, but in their defense we have 10 times as many developers as N3V has in total employees. Still, I stay a version of the software behind unless my (customer related) work forces me to update to one of the latest releases. Just like in Trainz, I prefer to let others who have the drive and energy for it figure out the bugs (and get them solved) and I will enjoy the fruits of their labor when I have a need to update.

Be gone for a while at least. Do something else or simply role back to an earlier release of Trainz and play for a while. If it is no longer feeling as a hobby, it is time for a change.
But I do hope to see you back eventually. I wish you good luck on your travels!

Back