Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will be updating my layouts

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Skytop

Quote Originally Posted by MSGSapper View Post
    Thanks for the very kind words!

I like to keep my layouts up-to-date with the current technologies and on the cutting edge. I also am committed to taking advantage of new technologies that make the look even better then they already are.

BTW changes to my layouts will be confined primarily to the scenery and of course replacing/fixing broken content. The track layout should remain the same.

I am also toying with the notion of expanding a few of my layouts (CCLE and Progressive for instance) but I'll have to see how it goes when I begin the updating process for all the layouts.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bob
    You're "toying with expanding a couple of" your routes... !!! The Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie" as a possible candidate! I was ecstatic just lookin' forward to your changes to scenery (with this proposed innovative toolbox); EXPANDING will be the proverbial icing on the cake!

May you have the Merriest of Christmas' and a most PRODUCTIVE (and healthy), New Year as well, Bob!
    Last edited by ClintClassic; December 6th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Hey Bob... Crazy that you live in Harrison as I reside in nearby Mountain Home. Anyways, this last weekend I was looking through all the routes on the DLS and was intrigued by nearly everything you made. I went to attempt to DL one of them, I forget which, and it didn't seem to want to initiate. Are they all compatible with TANE SP2?

They seem really interesting.

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ledzeppelinfan1 View Post
    Hey Bob... Crazy that you live in Harrison as I reside in nearby Mountain Home. Anyways, this last weekend I was looking through all the routes on the DLS and was intrigued by nearly everything you made. I went to attempt to DL one of them, I forget which, and it didn't seem to want to initiate. Are they all compatible with TANE SP2?
    They seem really interesting.
    It is interesting that both a major Trainz route developer (me) and a major Trainz content developer (Dave Snow from Jonesboro) both live in Northern Arkansas and have for many years.

FYI I own the latest Steam version of TANE (build 90959) and was able to load in the editor my CC&LE layout without any noted problems. Also as a test I loaded one of my CCL&LE sessions and started it running all without any visible problems. As I do not seem to be experiencing any problems I don't know what to tell you on this regarding your loading issues. These versions were TANE specific.

Question did you download the TANE specific version of the layout(s) or did you download and try to run the TRS2012 specific version(s) in TANE?

All my layouts come in both TANE and TRS2012 specific versions.

Bob

Backward compatibility is important when running older versions of layouts and sessions in the new available products.
    Suggest that with the older Trainz layouts stuff it might be best to tweak them up in T;ANE surveyor mode, then publish on the DLS downloads with a new kuid code.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

I downloaded your Indiana Western route had two faulty dependencies. Running them thru PEV's Image2TGA solve the problem. I've also replaced the roundhouse and done some work around it. I plan on rebuilding the yard, as there are some problems I see with the way it is currently, but I'm continuing onwards down the mainline. I've also renamed it 'Chicago, Cincinnati & St. Louis'.
    EDIT:
    Originally posted May 16th, 2016:
    The Chicago, Cincinnati, and St. Louis (CC&StL) was founded in the early 20th century and forms an 'X' shaped route, serving the states of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Missouri.
    The north-south route starts at Chicago, Illinois and heads southeast, passing thru Bernice, IL, La Crosse, IN, Winamac, IN, Logansport, IN, Bringhurst, IN, Frankfort, IN, Lebanon, IN, and Davis, Indiana. From here it joins the east-west route and heads east to Indianapolis, Indiana, then Richmond, IN. In Richmond, the east-west route splits off and heads on east, while the north-south route turns again southeast, entering Ohio and passing thru Evendale, OH, Norward, OH, Clare, OH, and ending in Cincinnati, Ohio. The east-west route starts in Cleveland, Ohio, and heads southwest to Bellevue, OH. There it turns due south to Crestline, OH, then turning southwest to Columbus, Ohio. The route then turns west, heading thru London, Ohio, Xenia, OH, Clement, OH, Dayton, OH, and New Paris, Ohio, before entering Indiana. Upon entering Indiana, the line turns southwest to Richmond, Indiana, where it joins the north-south route. The two routes continue west to Indianapolis, IN, then Davis, Indiana. There the north-south route splits off to the north, while the east-west route continues west thru Greencastle, Indiana, Knightsville, IN, Terre Haute, Indiana, then on into Illinois. Upon entering Illinois it passes thru Farrington, IL, then turning southwest thru Effingham, IL, Vandalia, IL, and East St. Louis, Illinois. There the tracks cross the Mississippi River into St. Louis, Missouri.
    The CC&StL operates four named passenger trains, the daytime all-coach Chicago-Cincinnati Heartland Express the nighttime Chicago-Cincinnati Pullman Midnight Special, the daytime all-coach Cleveland-St. Louis St. Louis Express, and the nighttime Cleveland-St. Louis Pullman Midnight Train. The schedules of the southbound Heartland Express and the westbound St. Louis Express are set up so that they pass thru Indianapolis within an hour of each other. The schedules of the northbound Heartland Express and eastbound St. Louis Express are set up the same way. The same thing can be said about the nighttime southbound Midnight Special and westbound Midnight Train, along with the northbound Midnight Special and eastbound Midnight Train. Slower local passenger trains on both the mainline and branch lines, are only given numbers instead of names. The named passenger trains are normally pulled by the railroads fleet of 4-6-4 Hudsons, with 4-6-2 pacifics handling secondary mainline passenger trains, with 4-6-0s handling branch line passenger trains.
    As for freight trains, the hot freight trains are pulled by 2-8-4s, while local mainline freights are handled by 2-8-2s, drag freights handled by low-drivered 2-10-2s, with branch line freights pulled by 2-8-0s.
    Last edited by jordon412; January 10th, 2018 at 08:51 PM.
    IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    I downloaded your Indiana Western route had two faulty dependencies. Running them thru PEV's Image2TGA solve the problem. I've also replaced the roundhouse and done some work around it. I plan on rebuilding the yard, as there are some problems I see with the way it is currently, but I'm continuing onwards down the mainline. I've also renamed it 'Chicago, Cincinnati & St. Louis'.
    Obvious question: What were the two faulty dependencies?

I always encourage people to have fun with these layouts and alter them for their own PERSONAL use.

Bob

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MSGSapper View Post
    Obvious question: What were the two faulty dependencies?

I always encourage people to have fun with these layouts and alter them for their own PERSONAL use.

Bob
    'Platform Wooden Low', <KUID:9:28001> by tolaris and 'Wheelstop Type SG', <KUID:70337:23003> by martinvk.
    The Chicago, Cincinnati & St. Louis turns out to be direct competition with jacksonboro's Lake Erie & Western, but it's my Trainz on my computer, I can do whatever I want to on it.
    IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!