Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will be updating my layouts

Argentina, Buenos Aires, Capitán Sarmiento

Quote Originally Posted by MSGSapper View Post
    Thanks for the very kind words!

I like to keep my layouts up-to-date with the current technologies and on the cutting edge. I also am committed to taking advantage of new technologies that make the look even better then they already are.

BTW changes to my layouts will be confined primarily to the scenery and of course replacing/fixing broken content. The track layout should remain the same.

I am also toying with the notion of expanding a few of my layouts (CCLE and Progressive for instance) but I'll have to see how it goes when I begin the updating process for all the layouts.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bob
    You're "toying with expanding a couple of" your routes... !!! The Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie" as a possible candidate! I was ecstatic just lookin' forward to your changes to scenery (with this proposed innovative toolbox); EXPANDING will be the proverbial icing on the cake!

May you have the Merriest of Christmas' and a most PRODUCTIVE (and healthy), New Year as well, Bob!
    Last edited by ClintClassic; December 6th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Hey Bob... Crazy that you live in Harrison as I reside in nearby Mountain Home. Anyways, this last weekend I was looking through all the routes on the DLS and was intrigued by nearly everything you made. I went to attempt to DL one of them, I forget which, and it didn't seem to want to initiate. Are they all compatible with TANE SP2?

They seem really interesting.

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ledzeppelinfan1 View Post
    Hey Bob... Crazy that you live in Harrison as I reside in nearby Mountain Home. Anyways, this last weekend I was looking through all the routes on the DLS and was intrigued by nearly everything you made. I went to attempt to DL one of them, I forget which, and it didn't seem to want to initiate. Are they all compatible with TANE SP2?
    They seem really interesting.
    It is interesting that both a major Trainz route developer (me) and a major Trainz content developer (Dave Snow from Jonesboro) both live in Northern Arkansas and have for many years.

FYI I own the latest Steam version of TANE (build 90959) and was able to load in the editor my CC&LE layout without any noted problems. Also as a test I loaded one of my CCL&LE sessions and started it running all without any visible problems. As I do not seem to be experiencing any problems I don't know what to tell you on this regarding your loading issues. These versions were TANE specific.

Question did you download the TANE specific version of the layout(s) or did you download and try to run the TRS2012 specific version(s) in TANE?

All my layouts come in both TANE and TRS2012 specific versions.

Bob

Backward compatibility is important when running older versions of layouts and sessions in the new available products.
    Suggest that with the older Trainz layouts stuff it might be best to tweak them up in T;ANE surveyor mode, then publish on the DLS downloads with a new kuid code.