Bug found in S&C Addon on Trainz 2012 SP1

RDLOVER777

Aka, WestRail42fan
Hello all

While playing on Trainz today, i loaded a session on the S&C Skipton-Carlisle route and i noticed this bug with the tracks near Skipton on the line to Embsay

eORCdDA.png

Is there any fix for this or should i just leave it be?

Is this a commercial product? If so, you should take the matter up with the supplier, as it appears to be a manufacturing fault. You would need to get them to either confirm that it was designed like this, or it will be replaced with an item that doesn't have the fault.

Well it's N3V that made S&C with the first ever release in TC3 ( remastered to be compatible with recent Trainz ). I suggest you to wait for Tony to answer you here or submit a ticket for assistance

Well it's N3V that made S&C with the first ever release in TC3 ( remastered to be compatible with recent Trainz ). I suggest you to wait for Tony to answer you here or submit a ticket for assistance

Nope, N3V didn't make Seattle & Carlisle. N3V is just one of S&C payware distributors... Same as Murchison 2, Carbon City, etc, etc...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Well you could argue as this is official DLC and sold by N3V over the years in various forms (TC3, S&C2009, S&C TANE) they are the provider and first port of call for technical support!

In the UK if you buy faulty goods from a store, it is the store's responsibility to repair/replace/refund the item, not the manufacturer who should deal with the retailer not the customer.

As regards fixing the fault, well re-installing the product is always a good first bet in case any files have corrupted. Follow that with a full Trainz database rebuild. At the same time defrag your hard drive (so long as it's not a SSD) and do a full virus/malware sweep to ensure there are no nasties lurking in the background.

I am the route builder for railsim.co.uk. Skipton to Carlisle was released via Auran/N3V in TC3 and later in TS2009. I have the TS2009 version running in TS2010. The break shown on the screenshot is not apparent in my version but the break in the track is a broken connection between the down track and the portal.

The Embsay branch on S&C is a short stub that is at the extremity of the layout, it is not on the main line and no traffic operates over it in any session. As such it is hardly a show stopper As the TS2009 release precedes DRM the user can very easily fix the fault in Surveyor.

As the OP is running in TS12 sounds like this is the old spline detaching from fixed object bug which could occur randomly at just about any location in the route. As you rightly say Andrew not a fault in your excellent crafting. The solution for the OP therefore seems to be updating his TS12 to a version > 49922 when the bug no longer seemed to occur, or look at upgrading to TANE and the TANE version of the route!

Guys, guys, guys. It is just a simple error that the spline disconnected. Isn't it just as simple as reconnecting the track sections together and that is it?

Vern: He is in TS12 SP1.

Last edited:
I've encountered something similar in TS2009. After validly connecting track to a platform (fixed object), the first and subsequent runs reveal a rail break at one end of the platform. Going into Surveyor and re-fixing, then saving, does not help. However, fixing, then saving in Surveyor, *then* running the scenario, then saving from Surveyor again without any edit, does fix the break and it remains fixed thereafter.

Why this sequence works is a mystery, but it does. The break will sometimes reappear after a board containing such a platform is added to a layout.

I imagine this is the bug to which @Vern is referring.

I've noticed a similar error as of late when i brought the TC3 version of S&C i once moved to Trainz 2010, up to T:ANE. Some tunnels are a bit off, and if i even try to readjust them, it breaks the track, meaning errors can't be fixed.

I've encountered something similar in TS2009. After validly connecting track to a platform (fixed object), the first and subsequent runs reveal a rail break at one end of the platform. Going into Surveyor and re-fixing, then saving, does not help. However, fixing, then saving in Surveyor, *then* running the scenario, then saving from Surveyor again without any edit, does fix the break and it remains fixed thereafter.

Why this sequence works is a mystery, but it does. The break will sometimes reappear after a board containing such a platform is added to a layout.

I imagine this is the bug to which @Vern is referring.

Interesting, I am not familiar with this bug because I have never had it before but it is a rather odd one.

No you cannot simply reconnect the spline. It becomes frozen in its location and you have to insert another spline point along the section to open it up. The bug did indeed appear around TS2009 though may have been present before that. It suddenly righted itself in the final version of TS12 and thus far has not re-emerged in TANE.

I hope your problem will be resolved soon

I think the OP question has been resolved:

1. If the route has corrupted since install, uninstall and reinstall should cure it.

2. If the S&C distributable from N3V contains the corrupted spline, it should be possible to make it editable delete a section and re-attach as noted above.

3. Update TS12 to the final retail version where this bug does not occur.

4. Move up to TANE and buy the updated S&C version for that.

I have Trainz 2012 SP1 build 61388

The S&C addon, i do have the download but this version is from the N3V DLC page on Trainz 2012 menu so i cant edit it as its locked because its payware DLC

I have Trainz 2012 SP1 build 61388

The S&C addon, i do have the download but this version is from the N3V DLC page on Trainz 2012 menu so i cant edit it as its locked because its payware DLC

Sorry to hear that it is DLC. I am curious as to why you want to repair it, considering that it is tucked away in the SE corner of the layout.

Sorry to hear that it is DLC. I am curious as to why you want to repair it, considering that it is tucked away in the SE corner of the layout.

It causes problems with trains leaving the portal (the bug affects the line coming from Embsay)

The irony of this is that in Surveyor the track is normal
kQNH5Vw.png

If as confirmed now the OP is using 61388 the occurrence of this fault while using Trainz had been eliminated. By a process of deduction that would indicate the route as supplied via the installer already contains the error. Logical solution is for the "master" copy of the TS12 version to be checked and repaired by its caretaker, then the DLC installer updated.

Back