Having problems with all lilb's 40ft boxcars in TS12

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS

7 Year Trainz Vet
So I downloaded all of the 40ft Steam Era Boxcars from Jointed Rail and a lot of them seem to have this script exception: lilbboxcar : Thread Exception: ER_ArrayOutOfBounds, line 495, file lilb_boxcar.gse. Does anyone know what is causing this issue? Does this only occur in TS12? These did work a few years ago, however, I didn't have a good enough graphics card to run the game long term and had to uninstall it and I waited to get one. After I did I started getting add-on content again, I finally got to these and they have this script exception. I also sent a private message to lilb, however, he was last on the forum last year and hasn't been on since so I am kind of doubting that he will get back to me at all or quickly.

Here are screenshots of the bugged cars in-game. Some don't have doors, others don't show up at all. There is only 1 boxcar that works and that is the WHITE CN BOXCAR named or named something similar to "40ft Boxcar CN AL". Keep in mind this is in TS12.

Please get back to me if you know what is causing this issue.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it is more likely TS12 database problems. I had that happen a few times, always ended up fixing by reinstalling. JOY! Don't miss that anymore.

A lot of people have that problem with them, no one has got them to work as far as I can tell. I just ended up delating them, as I could never get them to work no matter what I did with them. If you get them to work let us know how, Thanks.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-installing-40ft-Boxcar-1937-AAR-Mesh-Library

Well, I think I may fiddle with them for a while and see what I can do. Otherwise, I have no idea what the problem is either. It is sad they don't work properly from the get go anymore. I am thinking after he updated them to work in T:ANE too this issue came up but he never noticed it because they probably work for lilb.

Here is a link to how to fix the doors on the cars that show up but still don't have their doors: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...m-with-Jointed-Rail-Steam-era-40-foot-boxcars

Last edited:
Well, I am getting a headache from trying to figure out why these cars will not load. There SHOULD NOT be any problems with them! The coding is exactly the same with all the boxcars. It has got to be some internal issue. Out of all his 28 boxcars, only 6 work. The 40ft Boxcar CN AL, 40ft Boxcar BM, 40ft Boxcar B&LE, 40ft Boxcar IHB, 40ft Boxcar ULTX and the 40ft Boxcar MIPA. All other boxcars do not show up.

I vote they should be taken down from Jointed Rail's website. There is no point having content on there that does not work on their website. Does anyone agree with me on this?

I vote they should be taken down from Jointed Rail's website. There is no point having content on there that does not work on their website. Does anyone agree with me on this?

Be careful with what you wish for. They might decide that too many people are bit_hing and take all their freeware off their site!!!

I'm really happy with the six that are working.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Did some messing around with them again today after I redownloaded them. The six you named seams to be the same ones that work for me, well two with doors the others do not show the door. As far as I can tell everything seams to be the same in the config file expect for a few of them have 40ft boxcar 1937 file that is the problem kuid id 103021:101016:3 some don't have the :3 version. Not sure if that is the root problem or not.

I wonder if it is Tane vs Trainz 2012 thing?

All there other stuff is top notch, with no problems. Weird.

Last edited:
Thanks jknizel, can anyone post if they have them working and which version of the game? Thanks and hugs, maybe that will help find the root problem.

I disagree. All of lib's 40ft box cars work fine in TANE SP2 build 90945.

Regards,

Ya I would love to see (aka: post a screenshot) them working in T:ANE. If they ONLY don't work in TS12 but they do work in T:ANE, there is no point in taking them off their website. However, they NEED to be marked as T:ANE only compatible because they do not work in TS12 anymore.

They look fantastic! However, this means they are not backwards compatible anymore and that someone really needs to add the "for T:ANE only" pop-up window to all the 40ft boxcars on their website. People should know if freeware can or can't work in (x) version(s) of Trainz. The payware already has many pop-ups to tell you if content is for a specific version of Trainz or not, so why not add it to the freeware too? It would cause a lot less confusion.

I'll update you after I check it out. Last time I opened TS12, these worked fine.

Well... got to wait this part out, don't miss it:

? 0:13.5 : ScriptLog> GSMachine::GetLibrary> library '0xC8C01A05 0xD94B92DF' not found in link table
? 0:13.5 : ScriptLog> GSMachine: Error -2 loading library d:\ts12/UserData/cache/libraries/kuid 30501 1020/e3e542dd8d227441.gsl (multiplayersessionmanager.gs)
? 0:13.5 : ScriptLog> GSMachine::GetLibrary> library '0xC8C01A05 0xD94B92DF' not found in link table
? 0:13.5 : ScriptLog> GSMachine: Error -2 loading library d:\ts12/UserData/cache/libraries/kuid 30501 1017/8ea1df6bfd1a2e07.gsl (multiplayerlobbyservlet.gs)
? 0:13.5 : ScriptLog> GSMachine: Error -2 loading library d:\ts12/UserData/cache/libraries/kuid 30501 1020/e3e542dd8d227441.gsl (multiplayersessionmanager.gs)
? 0:13.9 : DownloadTask::DoPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran
? 0:14.4 : Assets remaining to validate: 547
? 0:14.8 : Assets remaining to validate: 546
? 0:16.2 : Assets remaining to validate: 545
? 0:17.5 : Assets remaining to validate: 544
? 0:18.9 : Assets remaining to validate: 543
? 0:19.6 : Assets remaining to validate: 542
? 0:21.0 : Assets remaining to validate: 541
? 0:21.5 : ~TADServerTransaction> command=241 duration=15872
? 0:22.2 : Assets remaining to validate: 540
? 0:23.5 : Assets remaining to validate: 539
? 0:24.9 : Assets remaining to validate: 538
? 0:26.3 : Assets remaining to validate: 537
? 0:27.6 : Assets remaining to validate: 536
? 0:29.0 : Assets remaining to validate: 535
? 0:30.3 : Assets remaining to validate: 534
? 0:31.7 : Assets remaining to validate: 533
? 0:33.1 : Assets remaining to validate: 532

Last edited:
Okay, after all that not so fun waiting for it to finish:

They all work fine, and they still have the scripted brake/wheel squeal when you apply the breaks.

So, I don't know what to suggest, if you want to continue to use that version, TS12. It is not a party waiting to get the ability to use it, then finally being able to do what you wanted. T:ANE got a bad reputation from the beginning phases, it has become much better. IF you plan to continue Trainz type of simulator, maybe consider reinstalling, or migrate to a newer (T:ANE) version. Or, try other brands of simulator. Yeah, you cannot find or use the stuff on Trainz, but whatever, life's rough.

I already knew they worked from a previous post and I don't mind at all. Some stuff just doesn't work in older versions anymore. Especially stuff that is supposed to be TS12 SP1 AND T:ANE compatible. I will upgrade to TRS2018 (Trainz: Next) or whatever they are going to call it when it comes out. I think it is going to be hard for N3V to come up with a name, if they don't just want to call it Trainz Simulator 2018. I honestly would be fine with that name, lol.

Back