AI Trains need a prod to make them run

In all previous versions had AI train had a slight pause when passing a trackmark and locking on to the next one. But now in the latest version the pause is at least three times as long. That is if you can get the AI to run at all.

Bill69

That was one of the first complains of me after latest HF.
But in my case it freezes my screen too everytime a track mark is passed.
The preview asset spinner in CM stutters, I can't get that right too.
I see no one with the same problem.
I have latest video drivers installed.

There's so much wrong with T:ane lately that I think we need a whole NEW T:ane.

Yesterday I had 2 missing assets in a route.
Could not find them.
Most of the time a "delete missing assets" would work.
Not this time.
Everytime I try to "delete missing assets" T:ane freezes and stays that way till I do a hard reset.

It's a sad sad Christmas this year.

☼...☼

I just found that putting the Red Icon AI Train rule at the start makes the AI train run every time for us with TANE. hope it will help others. it is the first rule on the list of icons.

Chris

I just found that putting the Red Icon AI Train rule at the start makes the AI train run every time for us with TANE. hope it will help others. it is the first rule on the list of icons.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sounds intriguing... Do you know the exact name? I would like to try that myself.

This goes into the top-level of the session, correct and not within the driver's rules?

Chris

Chris, You've found or downloaded something that I'm not aware of. The Achievement Check Rule is the first one on my list.

Do you have the kuid number of this 'red icon' or the actual name of the Rule ??

Cheers,
Roy

I think he meant command, ie session command. And I wonder if he means the Drive and Navigate commands which are red arrows. I wish he would come back and explain what he meant!

Judging by his avatar one would think he knows what he's talking about;

Director and Lead Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin
"We Build Worlds"

Mick

Last edited:
Back