bought tmr for fun

PennCentral

Kinda miss playing trainz. working on a real layout at the moment.

anywho, how does the dls work with this? I go in, click a kuid, it asks what program to use, I select trainz, and none of it shows up in game

Content Manager works the same with TMR as TS2010.

If you mean something else, please be more descriptive.

PennCentral - sounds like you're using the website version of the Download Station. This often runs into issues with downloading into Trainz I find due to file association issues.

It's easier to just use Content Manager which is built-in to TMR2017 from memory (although there may be a few differences between that version and the TS2010 version).

Shane

Unless I am misunderstanding the issue, I have the same issue, my issue is with content manager, it does not want to "hook up" to the DLS. In TANE, I can for instance, download a

given asset, such as a route, and content manager will download all of the dependencies that are available on the DLS. Another nice feature is if I would say download a route from a

3rd party site and that route uses a lot of DLS content, I can get content manager to download all of that content by simply clicking download once I have imported that route. That

does not work in TMR2017 for some very strange reason. I should in theory, be able to take an asset from TANE, import it into TMR2017 and then download and all of the dependencies

should download. Instead my browser begins hunting and after a long time I get an error message saying Trainz is unable to communicate with the DLS. I've triple checked my login, it

is OK, and I am quite sure that TMR has access to the internet, because I downloaded it from NV3, and it is constantly trying to get me to purchase the latest add-on content when I

launch the game. I am a little put out with this, I bought the game during the recent sale. Maybe that is why it was on sale, it doesn't have all the features?

Unless I am misunderstanding the issue, I have the same issue, my issue is with content manager, it does not want to "hook up" to the DLS. In TANE, I can for instance, download a

given asset, such as a route, and content manager will download all of the dependencies that are available on the DLS. Another nice feature is if I would say download a route from a

3rd party site and that route uses a lot of DLS content, I can get content manager to download all of that content by simply clicking download once I have imported that route. That

does not work in TMR2017 for some very strange reason. I should in theory, be able to take an asset from TANE, import it into TMR2017 and then download and all of the dependencies

should download. Instead my browser begins hunting and after a long time I get an error message saying Trainz is unable to communicate with the DLS. I've triple checked my login, it

is OK, and I am quite sure that TMR has access to the internet, because I downloaded it from NV3, and it is constantly trying to get me to purchase the latest add-on content when I

launch the game. I am a little put out with this, I bought the game during the recent sale. Maybe that is why it was on sale, it doesn't have all the features?

That sounds like either a server issue or that you haven't entered your username and password in the Trainz Settings box. Is it the Trainz Settings box that reported the unable to connect message?

Shane

Don't expect any fun from any Trainz games, it's strictly for computer geeks these days!!

That sounds like either a server issue or that you haven't entered your username and password in the Trainz Settings box. Is it the Trainz Settings box that reported the unable to connect message?
Shane
I thought the same thing at first, that I hadn't entered my username and password into the Trainz Settings Box correctly. So as I stated I have re-entered that info 3

times and it didn't change anything. When the issue occurs, the message I am seeing actually is in a little dialog that pops up in CM after quite a long period of hunting

and hanging, I cannot remember what the exact statement was, but it was something like "Trainz is unable to communicate or connect, please check your internet and

server connection." And while I have had issues with my internet connection from time to time, that was not the case at the time, I had other pages open and was

connected. I might add that now, after I posted the issue, a day later I was actually quite surprised to find CM working somewhat normally, in that it actually did

download some content. Previously, I was having to go to the DLS and download using the FTP method, and then manually drag the stuff into CM. So apparently

whatever was going on self corrected, or is intermittent.

This is caused by an overloaded server and so just try again later and it will work ok. Has been happening since NV3 made it so non PC users could use the DLS to store their routes.
Cheers,
Mike

Back