coordinates

ad602000

Boss,in my wife's absence
is there anyway to display lat and long coordinates of where the green compass thingy is standing in the layout?

cheers
pete

Short answer is no.

Long answer is still no. Displaying the lat and long of any point on the layout would be somewhat meaningless. I do recall Geophil giving some very detailed posts on this topic a few years back and it all boils down to the problems of transferring coordinates derived from a spherical world (i.e. the Earth) onto a flat surface (the baseboards).

Pete

Are you asking about the lat-long values that appear at the lower left corner of the screen and are related to the map, or do you want to see the real world values? It is Yes to the first and No to the second

I'll hang a question in here, is there any way to used the route based values to go to a particular spot?

PeterPM

I'll hang a question in here, is there any way to used the route based values to go to a particular spot?

Not that I am aware of. I have those XY coordinates displaying during my sessions but am not really sure that they do anything useful apart from identifying the spot where the focus vehicle is currently located if something "unusual" happens.

Back