Error with Class 37s

Prince271088

Hi everyone,

An error has presented itself this afternoon on previously (including this morning) working assets in my content manager. The assets in question are the Class 37s in the game primarilly by Warbo40 & TMZ06003. Like I said, previously including this morning these were working fine, but I was attempting to sort out some of the assets in my content library and now everyone is listed as faulty even upon re-downloading them.

The obvious solution would be take out the erroneous line of text in the config files, but given how many locos there are, this would be incredibly time consuming and seeing as it was affected only by reinstalling a set of assets (Pikkabird's Class 37 templates) from his website, I am hoping that the fix is going to be just as easy.

Anyway the errors I have attached as a screenshot below, it is the same for all of them and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

2017_11_27.png

Delete all the lines "texture-kuid null" in the config file and submit edit and you will find them error free in SP2.

-Hi John,

Normally that wouldn't be an issue but there are 449 assets with this problem and to manually do this would take considerable time. Furthermore, and what I don't understand is how the one asset I installed earlier, could cause the rest of them to suddenly display this error as they were all working perfectly fine before this, even as late as this morning.

There must be some other way to mass-undo the damage that the base reskin caused.

-Hi John,

Normally that wouldn't be an issue but there are 449 assets with this problem and to manually do this would take considerable time. Furthermore, and what I don't understand is how the one asset I installed earlier, could cause the rest of them to suddenly display this error as they were all working perfectly fine before this, even as late as this morning.

There must be some other way to mass-undo the damage that the base reskin caused.

Look for Search and Replace Master.

This is a multi-file text replacement tool, which is great for issues such as this.

Is it a 3rd party Trainz tool or just a wordpad mod or something? How would I get it to edit multiple configs simultaneously?

Is it a 3rd party Trainz tool or just a wordpad mod or something? How would I get it to edit multiple configs simultaneously?

It's a third-party program not even Trainz related.

http://www.knowlesys.com/software/search-and-replace-master/index.htm

1) Setup the location and file type and ensure subfolders is checked.
2) On next panel put in your text you want to replace.
3) Bottom panel put in the text you want to replace with --- space works for deleting lines, which is what you want.

When all setup, click the Execute button.

Quick! I've done 100s' of config.txt files at once when a bunch of assets have the same error.

Just make sure your Content is open for edit first as I've found out the hard way.

In answer to your other question, errors like this are also revealed by doing an extended db rebuild. Basically, SP2 HF1 includes more stringent validation but it takes some form of db rebuild (perhaps triggered by your mass-install) to make them show up. My view is better now than later. Another config line that now causes issues is

att "none"

Probably, anything with "null" or "none" is now flagged as faulty. Since most of these (old) assets are unlikely to be repaired, the only solution would seem to be to go through and remove the offending lines.

Back