How do we purchase TANE for someone else?

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
I have someone I would like to send the Platinum edition to, but can't figure out how to purchase outside of my ID.

I don't see a way to gift the product to someone other than creating a user account for them and then having them download under that account.

Thanks.

Hi John,

Did this a few years ago with TRS2009. I had to buy the disk version and pass it on to them without registering it.

Only way I know of.

Cheers,
Bill69

Thanks for the ideas.

I'll send this off to the helpdesk as well. I thought that I'd post the question here first and see if anyone else did it.

Edit:

Ticket submitted.

Last edited:
I have someone I would like to send the Platinum edition to, but can't figure out how to purchase outside of my ID.

I don't see a way to gift the product to someone other than creating a user account for them and then having them download under that account.

Thanks.

At the moment you buy it then ask helpdesk to transfer it to a different email address.

Tony did say they mould try to have something in place for Xmas.

Cheerio John

I have done this by buying from ebay and giving the serial number for them to register in MYtrainz.

Regards,
Brad

Or gift them a Steam voucher/credit for the value and they can purchase that version?

How can I do that? A credit would work.

I tried gifting a copy, but Steam said I can't due to that being a custom bundle.

I'm not sure if it's still possible but I think Tony mentioned something about emailing the Trainz Store email address in one of his posts.

Shane

UPDATE:

N3V responded to my ticket and my solution would work, however, they have also come up with a new Gift Card product, which works perfectly for this situation. The cards are $25 and up in $25 increments, and can have a remaining balance on them.

Actually the gift cards are $10, $25, $50 and $100 :)

They are bascially a discount code that stores unspent amounts (as long as you keep the code # safe to re-use next time).

Actually the gift cards are $10, $25, $50 and $100 :)

They are bascially a discount code that stores unspent amounts (as long as you keep the code # safe to re-use next time).

Yes, I forgot to mention the $10.00 :)

Thank you again Tony, and many thanks to the team for handling this quickly.

I guess you figured it out, but I was wondering if you could have created an email address for them (GMAIL) and when you give them the gift, give him the email address and password.

I guess you figured it out, but I was wondering if you could have created an email address for them (GMAIL) and when you give them the gift, give him the email address and password.

That was the other plan. Create a My Trainz (Planet Auran) account. Purchase then send the new user the links and let them download with the instructions to change the password.

The gift card worked great anyway. My buddy got T:ANE plus TMR2017 and his brother got a copy too on his own. Two sales for N3V. :D

Use my computer

I did a similar thing. I wanted that TANE bundle and was not sure about how to have my daughter gift it (something she wanted to do). I simply logged in and started a cart. She did the payment part and it was all in my account. That can only work, obviously, if you are in the same place with the person receiving the gift.

Back